Items with no label
3335 Discussions

2nd Gen SR300 Does NOT Install properly

idata
Employee

I am having trouble installing brand new SR300 on Windows 10 Anni Update on NUK6i7kyk with 32 gb ram.

1) Msft camera errors with:

2) Gotomeeting shows this:

If SR300 depth is used, however, it works if RGB camera is selected.

3) I had to install the creative labs driver package as the intel driver and sdk do not install properly. The intel driver terminates with an error 1603.

4) When I reboot there is an unknown driver in device manager.

5) according to the notes on the creative website, 3 intel imaging devices should be installed, the RGB camera, the depth camera and a "virtual camera". The Intel realsense camera sr300 virtual camera does NOT install.

Has anyone been able to load and run the intel package and sdk?

Please help.

D

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello davidfi01,

I apologize for any inconvenience, please let me review your case as soon as we have more information we will update your thread.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

OK - Let me know if there is any other data you require.

FWIW, apps that allow you to select a camera from a list of cameras (Skype, GotoMeeting, LogMeIn) work with RGB camera. It seems that the MSFT camera may launch with SR300 Depth instead of RGB as the default and then fails. Is there a way to specify the RGB camera as the default. NOTE: I have tried to disable the Depth camera - no change.

Also, Windows 10 Hello is working - so something knows how to turn on and use the depth camera.

D

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Another update ...

This keeps getting weirder.

If I plug the camera into a usb port on the back of the Nuc6i7kyk, then the regular camera works, but the depth camera does not (that is MS Camera app runs, Hello Windows does not)

If I plug the camera into a front usb port (either the powered or the non-powered one) then the depth camera works, but the regular camera does not ( that is Hello Windows works, but MS camera does not).

Regardless of the port, apps like GotoMeeting or Skype expose both cameras, but only the regular camera works, the depth camera generates a green screen.

D

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/107501 davidfi01, can you please check if you see more than one SR300 camera in the drop down field "Select a camera"?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

G2M default open:

G2M with RGB camera selected:

When Win 10 AU store CAMERA app selected:

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Finally heard back from support tonight. They requested a bunch of install logs .... All sent. Hopefully this gets resolved soon as it has been open for a week already!

Talk about latency .... LOL

D

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

So Intel support sorted this out after looking at my install logs. Here is what worked for me:

SR300 must either be plugged into a POWERED usb 3 port or a POWERED hub. A regular usb 3.0 port does not work properly (at least on the NUC6i7KYK that I am using it with.

Problem solved.

D

0 Kudos