cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NVMe driver for 600P 128G

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I cannot get it to run at full speed but runs at poor write speed, average of 50MB/S (lowest at 10MB/S to highest at 150MB/S).

I wonder if 600P requires certain version of native NVMe driver of Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB and/or certain setting I am missing out on here.

Other NVMe SSD tested in the same system: (Acceptable speed)

- Intel 750 (lowest at 180MB/S to highest at 450MB/S)

- Plextor M8PeG, Samsung 950 (lowest at 250MB/S to highest at 500MB/S)

6 REPLIES 6

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello MrKarma,

We understand you are having some severe performance issues with an Intel® SSD 600p Series.In order to better assist you, we would like to have some more information:
  1. What is the brand and model of your motherboard?
  2. Which tool are you using for bench-marking?
  3. Is the drive being used as the boot drive, or for storage?

We look forward to your response.

Best regards,

Carlos A.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Carlos,

Please pardon me requesting PM to discuss question 1 and 2 further.

1. What is the brand and model of your motherboard? > ASRock Z97 Extream9, http://www.asrock.com/mb/intel/z97%20extreme9/ ASRock > Z97 Extreme9
  2. Which tool are you using for bench-marking? > Windows Resource Monitor and Crystal Benchmark
  3. Is the drive being used as the boot drive, or for storage? > Both ( I have two pcs of 600P 128G)

> System OS: WIndows 10 CB 14393.321 (fresh installed)

> Case 1. Single 600P as the boot drive only. Copy & Paste 4GB file in the same drive, starting speed ~580MB/S then transfer speed spikes from 7~10MB/S to 80~130MB/S. (average speed of 45~50MB/S)

> Case 2. Double 600P as the boot drive and a storage. Copy & Paste 4GB file from the boot drive to a storage, starting speed ~500MB/S then transfer speed spikes 7~10MB/S to 80~130MB/S. (average speed of 45~50MB/S)

> Again, same system with Samsung, Plextor M.2 NVMe SSD, and Intel 750 works fine.

In addition, as far as I know, 600P does not have its own NVMe Driver but using native NVMe driver of Windows 10.

- What would be the proper stock driver in Windows 10?

- Anything related to the https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/mt718131(v=vs.85).aspx Working with NVMe drives (Windows) ?

Best regards,

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello MrKarma,

I have sent you a PM, please check your inbox.In the mean time we should consider the following:The Intel® SSD 600p Series requires an M.2 PCIe NVMe* 3.0 x4. Performance does vary depending on capacity. The 128GB model should allow for a sequential read of up to 770 MB/s, and a sequential write of up to 450 MB/s. Any performance result around the 80 percentile of this should be considered normal. The ASRock* Z97 Extreme9 comes with one M.2 PCIe Gen3 x4 port, where you should expect full performance. And one M.2 PCIe 2.0 x2 port, lower performance should be expected here due to the older PCIe version and since only 2 lanes are allotted.Ideally, benchmarking should be performed on an empty drive. Having files on the SSD, or benchmarking while it's being used as a boot drive will not allow the tools to access the full bandwidth required for reliable results.For benchmarking we can recommend using one of the following tools:Note: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel®.If you could attach a screenshot using one of these tools, preferably CrystalDiskMark*, it would be helpful.Best regards,Carlos A.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Carlos,

Replied to a PM, please check your Inbox.