Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14541 Discussions

Parallelization Problem with i7-6900k

idata
Employee

I bought an i7-6900k on 11 October 2016.

For several days, I did'nt find any problem with this processor working with my software ANSYS Fluent (as my main concern for doing my thesis). I was freely force the simulation in 8 cores.

But after a week, one day my PC suddenly restarted itself. After that, I can only use 3 cores for my simulation software. I have already reinstalled the software: problem still occur, reinstalled windows: problem still occur, refresh bios: problem still occur.

error message I noticed when I use parallelization more than 3 cores is: 6: unable to find rpvar.... (as attached below)

I want to claim warranty of my processor, but I dont know what to say, because the problem don't show up for daily use. It only appears for that specific software after a week.

What should I do?

Can I claim warranty for this?

Thank you.

Paul

Message was edited by: Paulus Sidabalok error message about parallelization is attached

0 Kudos
12 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello pawl,

I do apologize for any inconvenience that you may have due to this matter.

In regard to your inquiry, in order to complete the warranty request process, I would like to kindly refer you to contact our Warranty department.

You will be able to find the contact at the following link:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Contact Support

Regards,

Angie.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

now my computer won't boot.

I've sent back my CPU to the shop I bought from, and now proceeding warranty. It will take days/weeks because it will be sent from abroad. Warranty is okay, but this freezes me several days for doing nothing.

Thanks, intel

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello pawl,

Please let me know your findings once that you have your computer again and how was the behavior of your processor.

I am looking forward to heard from you.

Regards,

Angie
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello pawl,

I would like to know if you were able to have any results of the behavior of your processor?

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Angie
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The shop I bought this processor from (in Jakarta, Indonesia) has emailed the main distributor in Malaysia for replacement on October 18.

Several days ago, the Malaysian said they already sent the replacement. Usually only take less than a week for the replacement arrive at the shop. But me and the shop don't know why this one took so long.

The Malaysian didn't want to give shipping tracking number, so me and the shop cannot check it from here.

Everything is only getting worse

update: the processor just arrived at the shop in Jakarta. Hopefully tomorrow can be delivered to my place.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello pawl,

As a customer myself, I do understand how frustrating all this situation it is for you.

Do not worry if you need me to wait more time until you can receive your equipment.

I will keep waiting for your updates.

Regards,

Angie.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello pawl,

Please let me know if you would like me to give you more time, to verify if the issue persists?

Regards,

Angie.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, it's been 5 days since I recieved (and used) the i7 6900K replacement.

It works fine in daily use, gaming, 3dsmax, adobe premiere, DHI Mike, etc. (except Ansys, the first software to detect the problem).

That I said the trigger was once my machine reboot itself, it haven't occured anymore.

My machine:

- i7 6900K

- Sabertooth X99

- GTX 1080

- Tower CPU fan Enermax ETS-T40

BUT,

previously I used power supply Enermax Emp700agt, now I use Corsair HX750i.

The main reason I was looking for by changing this is: sabertooth x99 provides 2 EPS Connectors (4pin + 8pin), but enermax emp700agt only provides 1 EPS connector (8pin).

So, HX750i becomes the psu alternative I use since it provide 2 EPS connector (4+4pin + 8pin)

I cannot judge it that changing psu with 2 eps connector solve the problem, or it was only 1 defect product of whole 1000000000000000000000000 products.

But here's a thing: both in processor's and motherboard's manual books don't say to connect all provided EPS connector in motherboard explicitly.

This product is new, not much deep review in real usage in internet. But I hope intel aware of this problem. And, I love the ConflictFree movement by the way.

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello pawl,

For what you reply, in order for you to be able to request the warranty (as per your request through private message) for your Intel processor, please contact our Warranty Team:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Contact Support

There you will be guided on how to complete this process.

Regards,

Angie
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I've received my new i7 6900K replacement trough retailer I bought from. Seems like no need to contact your Warranty Team, except you need other information or something.

Thank you

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello pawl,

I am glad to know that you received your new processor.

At our end, we do not require more information. So I will proceed to close this case if you do not have further questions regarding your current concern.

Do not hesitate to use /community/tech https://communities.intel.com/community/tech

Regards,

Angie
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello pawl,

I will reply to you with the next steps to claim the warranty, over your current open thread.

Regards,

Angie

0 Kudos