Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

my intel 5500 graphics have been stuttering while playing games

JJD_M
Beginner

my intel 5500 graphics have been stuttering while playing games. Frame rates will be good but then it drops to 2 for like .5 seconds and goes again. My computer is only a year old and i have tried everything! please help.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Josh-David,

Could you please attach your graphics report? See here for the instructions on how to get it; http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005848.html Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers. This will help gathering more information in regard to your system.

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

What are the names of the games that you are playing?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
JJD_M
Beginner

I play warface, elsword , Saints Row 4 (doesn't stutter), Witcher 2 etc. even asphalt 8 is stuttering! i've tried low and high settings, enabling v-sync and install the latest drivers. This started after I updated my driver and for some reason it can't be reverted. I don't think its a hardware issue though because I've only had it for a year.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You do have an older driver version installed, so we can start there. Update your Intel® HD Graphics driver to the latest, see here for the latest driver version https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26228/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=86210 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40]. Use this method for the installation http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html How to Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 &...

Let me know it goes.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
JJD_M
Beginner

I have tried lots of driver versions to resolve the issue but I keep getting the same thing. I did download the driver you asked me to try and of course, the same thing...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Could you please let me know your computer model?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
JJD_M
Beginner

Acer Aspire E 15 Touch E5-571P-30QR

and yes I've tried driver versions from the acer website for this model

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the information.

Now that you have installed our drivers and Acer´s drivers but the issue is still there, I would like to know; have contacted Acer in regard to this matter? What troubleshooting steps have they provided you? It's possible that they are aware of the situation and can indicate more solutions in order to fix the issue, so I would recommend getting in contact with them.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/message/431496# 431496 Josh-David,

I am following up your thread; were you able to contact Acer?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos