Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 or Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260

mdraj
Beginner

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series to be specific 7537, my laptop is equipped with Wireless Wireless-N 7260 as described in the Dell website spec and in my email from date of purchased.

http://www.dell.com/ie/p/inspiron-15-7537/pd www.dell.com/ie/p/inspiron-15-7537/pd

I have upgraded to Windows 8.1 Professional and i have been having issues with wireless connectivity, it disconnect from the network after coming from a standby and i require to reboot or disable wireless and enable again in order to work. so i have i thought logically it would be better to upgrade the drivers.

I have ran Intel Auto Detect and it detected my wireless as Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 but looking through the device manager it says Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260, this is quite confusing as i am not sure what to upgrade to or what is really the wireless card installed in my system.

Is it possibly the auto detect is wrong or Dell installed the wrong Wireless Card??

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
tvete
Valued Contributor II

All 7260s use the same drivers regardless of version (AC, N, dual band N). It's just that Dell decided that Intel 7260 AC is the device name for their drivers.

If device manager is saying you have dual band N, you definitely have dual band N even installing the AC drivers because within the 7260AC driver from Dell, all of the device descriptions that matches the hardware IDs is stored on a inf file. The point of inf file is to have 1 driver package for many devices out there. Think of NVIDIA where you can just download the GTX 780M drivers and it will install on your GT 750M graphics for example.