Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Intel Graphic Control Panel Duplicated

WRau
Beginner

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can help me on this issue. After installing the latest Intel driver from the official website, I decided to re-install the driver back to the original OEM driver from Sony ( I am using the Vaio Pro 13)

However, when everything is done. I find my Intel graphic control panel is duplicated and I am not sure what to do to make it just a single graphic control panel. I did try uninstalling from the device manager panel including the software uninstalling, but after re-installing the OEM driver from Sony I am still getting the same result. Can anyone help me on this?

I am using Windows 8.1

*Below is the picture showing the duplicate. Sorry I was still using the Chinese version when I was installing the driver, but from the icon you can clearly see that there are two control panel that does exactly the same thing..

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Wiinfinity, , I'm sorry for the inconvenience that you have faced with your system.

I would suggest you to check if you can restore your computer to the last working state by choosing "System Restore" once you're in Windows.

Since I do not have the model number of the HD graphics your system has, please go to downloadcenter.intel.com and download it.

0 Kudos
WRau
Beginner

Hi Sylvia,

Thank you for your reply and help. I am unable to restore due to me trying to delete the driver so many times already and the date I need to restore to no longer exist on my laptop.

I hope there is some way I can uninstall the driver completely. I will try it one last time going along with the instruction on the link you provided (*Seems like I uninstalled the display driver correctly but not the audio driver.)

I am not planning to manually install the latest driver again thou, because it was the reason I want to fall back to the OEM driver that came with the laptop, due to HDMI not providing audio properly on my laptop with the latest driver.

Ultimately still thanks to your help. It is much appreciated.

Regards,

Will Rau (Wiinfinity)

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

This seems to be a registry issue, so in order to remove the graphics driver complete from the laptop it will be necessary to reinstall the Operating System.

0 Kudos