Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14540 Discussions

Intel Atom CPU Support Quest.

GFang2
Beginner

Does intel (R) Atom(TM) Processor D500,D400 and N 400 Series(Formerly Pineview) support "Core multi-processing"?

Core multi-processing: The BIOS function to set CPU to be dual-core or signal-core functioning while Using Dual Core CPU.

The onboard CPU D525 didn't show any information about Multi-Processing both in Intel ARK Datasheet and BWG (BIOS Writer Guide).

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Grand.Fang, thanks for contacting us through the Intel Communities.

I would like to inform you that the D525 processor comes with 2 cores, 4 threads, so it is multi core.

0 Kudos
GFang2
Beginner

Sorry for your misunderstanding. I want to make a function in BIOS to close dual core CPU to one core/ signal core CPU.

But the specification and BWG didn't say whether the CPU (D525) Support close dual core to one core function( which I mention in previous Quest"Core multi-processing").

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Grand.Fang thanks for the explanation.

All Intel processors support Core multi-processing or multiplexing technology, but it is going to depend on the motherboard if it provides that option on BIOS.

This feature is available on the main tab of our motherboards. There is an option to enable 1, 2, 3 or all cores.

Mature units used to come with Multiplexing technology or Multi Core technology but they only allow to enable or disabled this feature. If you disable it, the CPU will use only one Core.

Since you are using a motherboard with embedded processor, it will be necessary to check if this setting is available on the board, but for sure the CPU supports this ability.

0 Kudos