Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel PROSet Wireless 17.0 Silent install on Windows 7

ireye1
Beginner

Hi,

We are planning to replace connection monitor with Intel ProSet Wireless 17.0 in our environment. We want it to install on our clients silently and have Windows manage wifi by default. Our objective is to have no impact to users (as if nothing happened).

I already tried to do this by modifying Setup.xml with the following configuration but to no avail.

Silent

XPINCONTROL=TRUE HIDETRAYICON=TRUE HIDETASKTRAYOOBE=TRUE

I also tried to using msiexec to install the msi file with the following properties set in the command but it also did not work.

msiexec /i "\WiFi.msi" ADDLOCAL=WIFI_PROSet XPINCONTROL=TRUE HIDETRAYICON=TRUE HIDETASKTRAYOOBE=TRUE REBOOT=ReallySuppress /qn

Kindly advise how I can achieve this. Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ireye1
Beginner

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your immediate reply.

I have already seen these instructions before but it did not help. It only helped me to make the installation silent but it did not show how to make the software use Windows to manage wifi by default. I don't want the users to have to click on "Use Windows to Manage Wifi" button (in advanced options of WiFi Connection Utility) after the installation. Please refer to the attached screenshot to see the button I am talking about.

What I want to happen is that after installation Windows is the one managing WiFi instead of Intel PROSet.

Hoping that you could help me on this. Thanks again in advance.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

I am going to check some more information about this and I will be back soon with more updates.

Kevin M

0 Kudos
JFeye1
Beginner

Hi,

It can be changed after the installation via regedit:

To disable the Intel Pro Utility:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Intel\Wireless\GuiConfiguration\Proset7Mode

Value=0

Kr,

Joeri

0 Kudos