Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7444 Discussions

NUC+AC7260 Bluetooth Audio Problem

AElka1
Novice

Hi,

my first post here

I have an intel NUC i3 D34010WYK running windows 8.1 with a dual band AC 7260 wifi+bluetooth adapter.

Here is the problem I have:

1. On the NUC i search for bluetooth devices. It can locate my iPhone 5s.

2. I follow the on screen instructions for pairing, and pairing is successful. Device connected.

3. If I play music on the iPhone, its not played through the NUC speakers. Nothing is displayed n the iPhone screen to choose the playback sources like it usually would with any other bluetooth device.

4. If I disconnect the iPhone and try reconnecting it again, it fails with a message saying that the device is not compatible.

5. The only way I can reconnect it, is to forget the device on both the NUC and iPhone, and then re-pair. Only to have the same issue of no audio again.

6. I tried paring my mac book air, same exact problem.

I am using wifi driver v 17.0.5.8, And installed intel Bluetooth Proset wireless (file name BT_17.0.1405.02_e164). The bluetooth driver in device manager reads V 17.0.1405.460

Any thoughts what the issue might be? Thanks in advance.

N.B: when I go into device manager, the Network Adapter tab is always expanded. here is a screen shot of how the device manager looks when I launch it, and of the bluetooth tab.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi zJudge, the network adapter tab is expanded because the http://ark.intel.com/products/71305/Intel-Ethernet-Connection-I218-V Intel® Ethernet Connection I218-V is disabled; you can try enabling it and should not be related to this issue. As everything else looks fine in device manager, I suggest updating Windows* 8.1 since we know there are some dependencies from those updates related to Bluetooth* technology.

0 Kudos
AElka1
Novice

Thanks for your reply. My windows is always up to date. I have automatic update enables, and it checks daily. As a matter of fact, this is a fresh windows install. I was running the evaluation copy of Enterprise edition since I got the NUC, and I just purchased the full 8.1 and installed it 2 days ago. I had the same exact issue on the old installation as well. I thought it might be a flaw in the evaluation copy, and thats why I didn't bother reporting it till I install the full version.

This is my second intel network adapter I have an issue with. I purchased the N6250 with the NUC, and it was giving me problems left and right, from wifi drop outs, to the inability to connect to the wifi all together. I replaced it with the AC7260 only to face another issue, the bluetooth. Its very annoying as I wanna be able to play music from my iPhone thru bluetooth to the NUC which is connected to my home theater system. Very disappointed to be honest.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Bluetooth* audio profiles, such as A2DP, are natively supported in Windows* 8/8.1. I suggest checking with Microsoft* about this.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn133849(v=vs.85).aspx General Bluetooth Support in Windows (Windows Drivers)

0 Kudos