Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Deployment Drivers Missing DEV_15D8

KJame7
Beginner

Hi.

When deploying to the new 5th Gen Lenovo X1 Carbon, I keep getting an error stating that the network driver isn't installed - please see below:

pci ven_8086&dev_15D8&SUBSYS_224F17AA&REV_21

VEN_8086 = Intel

DEV_15D8 = UNKNOWN

I got the drivers here ( closest thing i could find ).

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/NETWORK-CARD/INTEL/Intel-Ethernet-Gigabit-Adapter-Driver-12-15-24-1-for-Windows-10-Server-2016-64-bit.shtml Download Intel Ethernet Gigabit Adapter Driver 12.15.24.1 for Windows 10 64 bit

Before the drivers weren't installed on the WIM file, so i used DISM to inject the drivers into the WIM file and managed to successfully boot from network

I installed the drivers and managed to the deployment screen to setup the deployment ready. Once the deployment is going and the windows 10 image has applied, before any of the applications can install i get the same error saying the network drivers hasn't been installed and you can see from the device manager that no network drivers have been installed, even Wi-Fi. Once on the machine, if i install the drivers from the link above, the Ethernet works fine.

Please can you let me know the correct drivers to use for the deployment of this network drivers.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi kieran.ajmes,

Thank you for posting at Wired Community. What is the exact ethernet controller on your notebook? As this is an onboard NIC on Lenovo*, it is recommendede you obtain the driver from Lenovo -the system manufacturer which has customized driver for the built-in NIC.

Thanks,

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Kieran.ajmes,

Please feel free to provide the information and if further assistance needed.

Thanks,

wb

0 Kudos
JPoll5
Beginner

Hi, I have received our new HP ProBook 640 G3 notebooks, with the same problem. It comes with I219-V network adapters.

When I deploy, after loading winpe, I get the message:

A connection to the deployment share (\\servername\DeploymentShare$) could not be made.

The following networking device did not have a driver installed.

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15D8&SUBSYS_82AA103C&REV_21

Retry/Cancel

Other devices (Dell Optiplex, HP Probook 640G2, 650G2, Elitedesk 800...) all work well...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Jan.Pollet,

Thank you for the post. Below is the driver download site for I219-V but there is no Win PE driver.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/82186/Intel-Ethernet-Connection-I219-V

Have you had any chance checking with HP* for the driver since this is an OEM onboard NIC.

Thanks,

wb

0 Kudos