Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Intel 8260AC dual band - disapear after each reboot (Windows 10)

TGłow
Novice

Hi,

I'm running Intel 8260AC dual band card on Windows 10 and Asrock J4205-ITX system. I have latest bios 1.30 installed and also latest Intel drivers possible.

I've followed the instructions found here on the forum to: disable fastboot, disable power management for the Intel card etc.

Unfortunately - every system reboot the card disapear from the system, not visible at all in the Device Manager. It happens EVERY reboot. The only solution is to power down the system and power it up. This makes card appear again. Frankly, I can't figure out what can I do more with this....

Are you able to help?

Greets,

Tomek

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SBurc
Novice

I've got similar problem with the same motherboard and Intel 8265:

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
TGłow
Novice

What's funny that besides this it is rock stable, no drops and incredibly fast - I can achieve 450-500 Mbit/s to my Archer C7.

Uninstalling drivers doesn't help also (Windows 10 won't let you uninstall builtin driver 18.x.x)

As you mention, bluetooth works all the time (reboot/poweron)

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello tomeq,

We understand you're having issues with your Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 disappearing after every reboot.

Please keep in mind that custom wireless integrations are not supported. Currently, we only support customer integrations of our Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 for Desktop.

- http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005687.html Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade.

However, we did review the specifications for your motherboard, and were unable to find a reason for your adapter not to work properly. It's possible that you purchased a model that was intended for a low power system, or that your motherboard does not support the power management features used in this adapter.

Since these adapters are intended for OEMs only, there are several different sub-models. Some are to be used with vPro systems, others are low power, others have LTE Coex, etc. You can take a look at this part numbers in the product specifications page for your adapter under "Ordering and Spec information"

- http://ark.intel.com/products/86068/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-8260 Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260

Our main recommendation will be to contact your motherboard manufacturer to find out if they have a qualified vendors list (QVL) or a hardware compatibility list available.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
TGłow
Novice

Hi Intel.

I've contacted the manufacturer and they are aware of the problem and they send me beta BIOS which solved the problem completely. So, it is recommended to contact ASRock in any case like this, they will gladly help.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello tomeq,

Thank you for sharing this information with us.

Feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos