Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Get higher color resolution (1280x720) from Seg3D module

idata
Employee

Hi Pablo,

I've been trying to work with Seg3D module in Unity and as oppose to the sample provided for C# , in unity the acquired image is 640x360. It seems strange to me that in the SDK R3, it says that this module will give us a range of color resolutions (https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v2016r3/documentation/html/index.html?doc_advanced_working_with_multiple_modaliti.html Intel® RealSense™ SDK 2016 R3 Documentation ) however the only thing I get is an image with 640x360 and not even 640x480!!! When you say it's not possible to configure/set any properties of this module, then how the c# sample is able to give a 1280x720 resolution for color.

When you say it's not possible to configure/set any properties of this module, then how the c# project is able to give a 1280x720 resolution for color image?

0 Kudos
16 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your patience. I would like to let you know that I have branched this new thread from this other one: /thread/110625 https://communities.intel.com/thread/110625 since it is a different issue and it'll be better to continue with the conversation here. My apologies for any inconvenience it may cause.

Regarding your issue to have 1280x720 color resolution, could you please provide the SDK logs and your sample code? For the SDK logs, please follow the instructions here: /community/tech/realsense/blog/2017/02/16/provide-logs-for-faster-more-efficient-service Provide Application Execution Logs. I'm requesting that in order to take a closer look at this issue and be able to further assist you properly.

I'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

-Yermi A.
idata
Employee

Thank you. I have attached the SDK logs here.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the information. I'll look at them and as soon as I have useful information I'll let you know.

I'll appreciate your patience during the meantime.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your patience. I would like to know if when you are running the Seg3D sample at 1280x720 you have unchecked the "Scale" box (located on the top right of the sample application) to see the full color size.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Yermi,

It was checked when I was trying the samples for preparing the SDK logs for you and pretty much most of the times before that. I tried it now with 'scale' being unchecked and the result is the same, the camera becomes unavailable right after I select 'start' button, and I need to terminate the process.

Best,

Sam

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I would like to know if you have changed something in the Seg3D sample. Also, if you run it using lower resolutions, is your camera becoming unavailable? In the RawStreams sample you can also set the color resolution to 1280x720, so you may test it to know if the camera has the same behavior.

I'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

At first, I was trying to get higher resolution from the Seg3D module in Unity and it was behaving the same. Then, I started to use the binary version of the samples just to make sure that the official code is working, but it didn't. When I select a higher resolution, the camera becomes unavailable, and I should kill the process and starting the program from the beginning.

In the RawStreams sample, both in C# and Unity, they work perfectly. I am able to set higher/lower resolutions.

Are you able to get higher resolution from Seg3D module? I even tried in another system and it is the same.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Sam,

I have not been able to reproduce your issue, I get 1280x720 color resolution from the Seg3D sample successfully. I'd recommend you to try every other sample with prefix FF or DF and play with the resolutions. Another thing you can try is connecting the camera to different USB 3.0 ports or a powered USB3 hub, in case you have one. Also, I would like to know if you are using the USB cable provided with the camera.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Now that you mentioned the USB 3.0 port, I am using my laptop and there is only one USB 3 port. I will try the USB 3 hub and get back to you. I also wanted to say that I have tried the same samples on another laptop and it was the same. Is it possible that there might be a problem within my camera?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Sam,

Yes, it could be possible that your camera is faulty. However, I would like to know if you are using the USB cable shipped with the RealSense camera since using other cables, the camera may not work as it is expected, also, if you are going to try the USB3 hub option, make sure to use a powered one. Let me know your results.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I tried the camera on another system and it works. I don't know what is wrong with my system. Have you tried the new SDK and its new interface in Unity to get 1280x720 output stream from Seg3D module?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sam,

That's great to know your camera works. I was looking at the system info you provided some posts above, and it meets the system requirements for the SR300 camera, it is strange that the C# sample doesn't work, I'd recommend you to reinstall the SDK and DCM, doing it may help to solve the issue. Also, is there any difference in the information on the new system where you ran the last tests?

Regarding to use Unity with the Seg3D module, I'd like to know if you are using an example to test that or you have built your own program.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have found that probably there is something wrong with my USB 3.0 port. The other system also has the same configurations, so I decided to use a desktop machine for now, till I fix the issue with my system.

Regarding Unity, I used the RawStream sample and changed it so that I could be able to get Seg3D module to work. I know that I am asking for too much but I have uploaded to my google drive the Unity project. It would be perfect if you could try running this and tell me what is missing? I could just put the script but I thought it is better with other files. I am using Unity 5.2.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-ttwJSA6G7EeDM5N1ZQXzFlQUU https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-ttwJSA6G7EeDM5N1ZQXzFlQUU

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Sam,

I'll take a look at the Unity project and make my best effort to help you with that, however, I'd like to let you know that this kind of issues, where there are changes in the sample codes, are beyond of our support scope. We normally provide the tools and samples to help the customers with their custom applications, but it is up to the end users how they use these tools to make these changes.

I'll run it and update you as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience during the meantime.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your patience. I have been testing your Unity project, when I changed the color resolution to 640x480 it worked successfully, however, I also got an error when the color resolution was set to 1280x720 or when it is higher than 640x480.

Right now I cannot figure out why this error is occurring in Unity, maybe someone in the community can jump in and help. I'll continue investigating, but right now I don't have a solution.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Yermi,

Thank you for taking your time for testing my code. Maybe I should change my whole approach towards the Seg3D module. The problem is that the SDK documentation is not helping either.

Best,

Sam

0 Kudos