cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to start with S3520 question

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have a newly built Z97-WS ASUS Motherboard with a 600P boot volume. I am running Windows 10 64 bit with 32GB of Corsair RAM with a 12TB storage RAID10 array using Intel RST. I am trying to install an S3520 as workspace and the machine which runs perfectly otherwise will not even allow me to get into the BIOS. The fans spin up but no HDMI signal is sent to the monitor. The motherboard LED lights up with "55" which is defined as "Memory not installed." The machine stops and tries to start again with the same result. I have tried installing the S3520 in all 3 of my available PCIe slots with the same results. Any ideas as to what is going on?

8 REPLIES 8

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Willmarth,

First of all, we would like to confirm with you that the drive you have is the Intel® SSD DC P3520 Series instead of the Intel® SSD DC S3520 Series.Secondly, since you mentioned that you have tested all the PCIe slots, could you please also check the lights status of the SSD and let us know?How do you have setup the RAID 10?Do you have a RAID controller card installed or do you use your computer's RAID controller?We will be waiting for your response.Regards,Nestor C

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Willmarth,

We'd like to know if you read our previous post and if you need further assistance. We'll be waiting for your response.Regards,Nestor C

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Dear Nestor C.

I sent this reply via email last week but neglected to post it here ==> Thanks for your timely response. The card is indeed the PCIe model: Intel® SSD DC P3520 (I misspoke in my question.) The Raid 10 array is using Intel's RST and works great as does the M.2 600P 512GB boot volume. The computer black screens and fails to post when the P3520 is tried as a secondary or as the sole drive in the system with the M.2 and HDDs removed. The green lights on the 3520 come on and I get the mentioned "55" no memory installed message on the Asus Z97-WS motherboard. And the board cycles and tries to post over and over. I checked the web and found some people complaining that there is an SPD conflict with memory on some boards and it may be a compatibility issue. I was under the impression that all of the Z97 boards could handle the PCIe NVME cards. Thanks for your kind consideration.

Regards,

Willmarth

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Willmarth,

Thanks for replying back and for letting us about your research on this. By any chance did you contact Asus* about this compatibility situation?Do you know if, maybe a BIOS update will fix the situation?In case you need further assistance from us, please let us know.Regards,Nestor C