Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Screen Tearing Issue With External Monitor HD520

ADems
Beginner

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

I experience screen tearing when watching content that has a lower refresh rate than 60 frames per second. It happens when I watch Youtube videos or just watching content on my own computer. There is no issue in games even if the game does not output 60 frames per second.

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%): X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Razer Blade Stealth 2016

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

Only Intel graphics.

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor...
0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello andrisjordan,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

I'm sorry about the issue you have experienced with the external monitor. In this case, is it possible for you to try the latest graphics driver? You can download it here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26772/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-?product=88355 Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.45]

If you get an error installing this driver, then I suggest you to uninstall the old driver and install this latest version manually, please see how to http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and Windows 8*/8.1*

If the latest driver does not solve this issue, I suggest you to use an HDMI 1.4 instead and to make sure the HDMI cable are high quality cable (high speed cable).

Please let me know how it goes.

Best wishes,

Ivan U.

0 Kudos
ADems
Beginner

Dear Ivan,

I installed the latest driver and it did not help. About the cable: my laptop only supports an HDMI 1.3 output (I am actually not sure whether it supports 1.3 or 1.4 found both on different sources). But the screen comes with USB 3.1 type-c connection as well which supports displayport 1.2 if I remember correctly. I connected my display through that connection as well since my laptop has a thunderbolt 3 output also, but it had the same problem as on the HDMI connection.

Kind regards,

Andras

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm sorry that the latest driver did not solve the problem, in this case, we have tested this driver and we don't get problem with dual or triple display, at this point I strongly recommend contacting your laptop manufacturer for further troubleshooting or perhaps a replacement for the unit.

I have also sent you a private message.

Regards,

Ivan U.

0 Kudos