Items with no label
3335 Discussions

queryPoints() | alias has value LANDMARK_NOT_NAMED

TSahi
Beginner

Hey everbody,

after calling the function queryLandmarks() and queryPoints(out points) I'm trying to use the Landmark names(alias) to analyse certrain face features. Unfortunately all 78 Landmarks get the name Landmark_Not_Named. According to the documentation only some enum LandmarkTypes which don't have a value are supposed to get Not_Named.

I also found another Question posted last year. Not sure if anything has changed. Does anyone have any further information or a better idea to work around it?

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/realsense/topic/672672 Bug: LandMarkPointSource::alias has value LANDMARK_NOT_NAMED for all face landmarks (SDK v10)

[...]

var ldata = face.QueryLandmarks();

PXCMFaceData.LandmarkPoint[] points;

if (ldata != null)

{

ldata.QueryPoints(out points);

if (points != null)

{

DrawLandmark(f);

//fake check

int cntLm = 0;

foreach (PXCMFaceData.LandmarkPoint pnt in points)

{

LandMarkPoint LP = new LandMarkPoint();

LP.ColorImageCoordinate = new IntPoint((int)pnt.image.x, (int)pnt.image.y);

LP.WorldCoordinate = new NamedVector3D() { X = pnt.world.x, Y = pnt.world.y, Z = pnt.world.z, Name = LP.Name };

if (pnt.source.alias != PXCMFaceData.LandmarkType.LANDMARK_NOT_NAMED)

{

LP.Name = pnt.source.alias.ToString();

}

else

{

cntLm++;

LP.Name = pnt.source.alias.ToString() + "_" + cntLm.ToString();

}

myFaceInfo.Landmarks.Add(LP.Name, LP);

}

[...]

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Talha,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel® RealSense Technology.

We would like to investigate a little bit more regarding your inquiry and as soon as we have useful information we'll let you know.

Additionally, could you please let us know which SDK version and RealSense camera you are using?

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
TSahi
Beginner

Hello Yermi,

Thanks for you reply. I have Version 10.0.26.8396 inastalled. If there is anything you need to know, let me know.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Talha,

Thanks for the information. We'll continue investigating about it and we'll let you know any updates as soon as possible.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Talha,

We double checked with the proper department and figured out that the issue with Landmark_Not_Named is a known issue that our engineering team is aware of. However, at this moment there is no fix planned.

Our apologies for any inconvenience it may cause.

Regards,

-Yermi A

0 Kudos
TSahi
Beginner

Hey Yermi,

thanks for your reply anyways. I'll look into using sdk version 8 or try another work around then.

Edit: Where is the best place to download sdk version 8? Could you help me with that

best regards

Talha

0 Kudos