Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics - restore brightness/contrast

DElde1
Beginner

I'm looking after computer labs and our All in One desktops have intel HD graphics installed. Some students have taken to modifying the brightness/contrast to extreme amounts, making it difficult to use.

What I'm wanting to a registry setting or some command/script that will allow me to reset the brightness/contrast in the Intel HD graphics software to the defaults on log off. I can easily use group policy to run the command or script, I just need to know the command to do this.

I could just disable the software from running but this will prevent students who actually need to adjust the brightness/contrast for eyesight problems. I figure the best of both worlds would be to allow students to make these changes but to reset the changes back to normal on log off.

Help?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello Holmium,

From our end there is no information in regard to that matter. My recommendation would be to use the Local Group Policy Editor, like you mentioned on the previous post and configure each feature depending on the outcome you would like to get but unfortunately we don't have any information available to configure the Intel® HD Graphics through registry keys.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
gbhj
New Contributor I

the options are stored in the registry

the values are stored in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\Display\igfxcui

however if a profile has being created the value that have changed from the default are stored in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\Display\igfxcui\profiles\app\PROFILE_NAME causing that profile to be applied to all users

the per user settings are stored in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Intel\Display\igfxcui

0 Kudos
DElde1
Beginner

Thanks Zeqzy, that will give me something to go on. Will mark as the answer after testing.

0 Kudos