Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20501 Discussions

Update for Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family

BMuis
Beginner

My Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.0 will not work with Windows 10.

Do you have an update for this one?

It is a WDDM, that's what Windows 10 needs, but it is not compatible at this time

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Windows 10 Operating System is very new and there may be many compatibility issues between the Operating System and other components.

This Controller you have is a very old one now and the latest Operating System that it can support is Windows 7 but I will pass this feedback for future considerations.

Here you can check the Operating System compatibility list:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034343.htm?wapkw=cs-034343 http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034343.htm?wapkw=cs-034343

BMuis
Beginner

Kevin,

Thanks!

At this moment I have Windows 8.1 as OS and the G33/G31 Express Chipset Family works perfect, while it is not on the list.

Will that mean that it is not a great problem te make the update?

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Since it is not a validated Operating System I cannot assure you it will work but you can give it a try.

Kevin m

0 Kudos
BMuis
Beginner

Kevin

At this moment the error for Windows 10 has changed.

Now my CPU is wrong.

It is very strange, because I have two equal computers and I get this message on one computer.

Now I think this CPU needs an update.

Do you have an update for Intell Pentium E5200? How do I check this?

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Bronnie56,

Please note that there are no updates available for the processor because this processor does not come with the onboard graphics.

The driver you can install is the chipset driver for you board which is provided by the Computer Manufacture only.

Kevin M

0 Kudos
BMuis
Beginner

Kevin,

Thank you for your information, but how can I install the chipset driver?

Do you have a link for it?

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

The chipset driver is provided by the motherboard manufacturer only. I recommend you contacting the Computer Manufacture and request the chipset driver.

0 Kudos
SLevi1
Beginner

The latest version (Windows 😎 of the Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family driver does work on my Windows 10 install as long as I don't exceed 1280X1024 resolution. Otherwise, the Mail & Calendar and Store apps crash on start up, and, the MS Edge browser crashes when the Favorites Bar is activated. That said, is it at all likely a Win10 driver will ever be released?

0 Kudos