Items with no label
3335 Discussions

how can i get landmarks from a IR image instead of RGB image.

jzhan57
Novice

hellow,@MartyG

The doucument tells we can get landmarks from a RGB image, but i am troubled how can i get landmarks from a IR image. I know i can get landmarks from RGB image, and then project it to IR image by the api offered in 2016R2. Can i get it from IR image directly?

thank you for your attention.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Although I do not know for sure, my expectation would be that it is not possible to get landmarks directly from an IR image. Because an IR image may be just a mass of color shades shaped roughly like the objects the camera is looking at, it would be hard for a camera to work out individual landmark points from that IR image, especially if it was a low quality image. It would also be hard for the camera to tell from an IR image how the points were moving and changing.

0 Kudos
jzhan57
Novice

hellow,@MartyG

Thank you for your reply.

0 Kudos
jzhan57
Novice

Hi,MartyG

Thanks for your help sincerely. Landmarks can be detected in the face tracking example in 2016R2 for sr300. and finally in the source code we can change the input data(IR or RGB) by an api named SetTrackingMode(PXCFaceConfiguration::FACE_MODE_IR). Maybe it is helpful for some people later.

Thank you for you help.

MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Thanks so much for the information to help the rest of the community. It's great news that you got your project working how you wanted it to.

0 Kudos