Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

intel HD 5500 not supporting new UltraWide monitor

rmcge1
Beginner

My new monitor should be able to give me a resolution of 2560 x 1080, but I am only getting the option to go up to 1920 x 1080. I am sporting an intel HD 5500 in my Lenovo laptop, and the HDMI for the monitor is connected to my laptop via an adapter to my thurderbolt port.

So, is the issue with the graphics card, my connection to the monitor, or something else? I can't figure it out, and don't have another adapter to test my serial port or USB port.

Please advise! Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi rdmcgeorge,

I understand you are trying to connect an external monitor via HDMI to Thunderbolt cable. Let me help you on this matter.

I would like to know the Lenovo laptop model number and if possible the graphics driver version, additionally, please attach the graphics report, this is available on the graphics control panel.

See this https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics-drivers.html link for information about the graphics report.

Regards,

Allan J.
0 Kudos
rmcge1
Beginner

I was able to nmake it work using the HDMI port on my docking station, actually, so I am all set. thanks!

0 Kudos