Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

Blade Stealth HD620 4815 Driver Issue

idata
Employee

Intel support,

My Windows 10 Update recently installed the Fall Creators update, shortly after I scanned for new drivers using the Intel online utility and ran the latest Intel release. The update did not want to install and I got, "The driver being installed is not validated for this computer". I used the manual method of installation and it installed. The first thing I noticed was glitching and freezing when I would open images then it started happening with applications and I would get 4101 errors in the Event Viewer.

I decided to find out if this was just a Fall Creators update issue, so I imaged my installation and reinstalled Windows without any updates, from both an OEM recovery, and a fresh MSDN ISO. On both occasions the glitching was either the same or the screen would just go black. So this wasn't just an issue with Fall Creators update, rather a driver issue all together. I'm currently running 4771 as it is running stable and has not given me any issues. My only urgency for the 4815, was it's Forza 7 fixes etc.

If there's any way this can be looked at internally to see if there's an issue with Razer notebooks, that would be awesome! Thank you kindly.

Razer Blade Stealth 12.5" i7 7500U HD 620

Windows 10 Home on Fall Creators Update

Event ID: 4101 - Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows v15.47.02.4815

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi XhyDra,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have checked Blade Stealth specifications, really nice computer. Let me help you on this matter.

I will check this information internally but I need some details in regard to your hardware and software configuration.

Please fill out as much as possible this /thread/77761 form, the information I will receive will help isolate this matter.

Thank you for your time.

Allan J.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi XhyDra,

I was wondering if you were able to fill out the information. This will help me isolate this problem.

Regards,

Allan J
0 Kudos