Intel Unite® App
Gain crucial understandings of the Intel Unite® App
Announcements
This product has been discontinued. This board is currently read only and no longer accepting new posts. Learn more
459 Discussions

Modifying Settings on Enterprise Hub

KImme
Beginner

I am building out an Enterprise deployment of Unite after having used the Standalone version for a POC. One of the things that I want to do is to adjust the Unite Client not to take over the full screen of the Hub. I was able to turn this off in the standalone such that the Hub showed a normal windows desktop and the PIN as an overlay in the top right corner. I made the adjustment in the standalone environment by using the Unite Settings application. However I just completed the enterprise installation and I do not have a Intel Unite Settings install on the hub. So I don't know how to make the adjustment.

My ultimate desire is to allow the Hub to host a Skype client and initiate and answer Skype meeting invitations through the standard Skype client. But I also want to allow the end users to also launch a wireless presentation without using Skype. I know that Intel has a Skype Plugin for Unite but I am not currently interested using.

Is there a settings application that I can install to finalize configs? Or maybe there is a config file that can be referenced when Unite starts up. Please advise.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello senordude,

Thank you for joining the Intel® Unite™ app Community. I can sure help with your inquiries.

Regarding the full screen configuration you can set up a profile and disable it, check page 43 and 44 from https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000008523/software/software-applications.html Enterprise Deployment Guide for the Intel Unite® app. You need to access the Admin Web Portal Page, then look for the Group tab and click on Profiles. Once there, you can disable the "Full Screen Room Mode". For your second request, in order host a Skype client and initiate and answer Skype meeting invitations through the standard Skype client the Skype plugin is it necessary. And, for the end users launching a wireless presentation without using Skype, you can add the Protected Guest Access Plug-in. Find more information for it here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022053/software.html Protected Guest Access Plug-in Guide for the Intel Unite® app.

If you have more questions, please let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/118985 senordude,

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos