Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20497 Discussions

Context menu missing?

ZPenn
Beginner

Is context menu(right click on desktop) no longer part of Intel driver update or was that part of the driver from manufacture? I just installed the latest from Intel website and I can't figure out how get it back.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello AFWS,

Thank you for contacting Intel® technical support. I will be more than happy to help you.

I understand that you are having issues with the link to the Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel. This link should be available even in the more recent versions of the generic drivers provided by Intel®.

To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:
  1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.
  2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.
  3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).
  4. Attach the report to this thread.
To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AFWS,

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further assistance. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos
ZPenn
Beginner

Hello,

I do have the "shortcut" to the Intel Graphics Control Panel when I right click on desktop. What I think I was referring to was "Graphics Options" /thread/110835?q=context%20menu https://communities.intel.com/thread/110835?q=context%20menu

I didn't pay much attention to what is was called ,but I remember you could change profiles and screen resolution. It seems from that thread those options have been removed for awhile. Until a few weeks ago, I was still using the driver from the manufacture from late 2015.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AFWS,

I see that you mean the menu called "Graphics Options". I do apologize for the inconvenience, but this option was removed from the driver.

A feedback has been already submitted requesting to add this option back, and it is currently a work in progress, so it should be added back in future versions of the driver.

However, we do not have any information regarding on when it will be added, so we can only recommend you to keep the driver up to date just in case this feature becomes available in future releases.

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos