Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

S2600COE reverts to BIOS defaults, only one CPU showing

Jhear3
Beginner

I managed to score one of these, here's what's happening.

I get a post, and the BIOS settings will not save. E5-2643 cpus, swapped CMOS battery, jumper for BIOS reset is at 1-2 all jumpers appears to be 1-2 defaults.

Also my second cpu isn't showing in BIOS but if I move it over to the 1st socket it posts so I have good chips. Did I miss something? Does the memory have to be installed a special way for the 2nd CPU to show? Steppings are identical and are of the same CPU. Pins look aligned on the socket. Did I done goof'd somewhere? I don't seem to remember having these issues on my S5000XVN install.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi jd0gg,

According to your post, both processors are recognized if they are plugged into the first socket.

If you added at least 1 piece of memory for the second processor socket, the processor should be recognized.

I suggest you contact us through phone, chat or email and request the replacement of your Intel® Server Board S2600COE.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html# @10 Server Contact Support

I am adding a picture explaining how the memory DIMMs are divided per processor socket. More details at https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/server/s2600co/sb/g42278004_s2600co_tps_rev171.pdf Intel®Server Board S2600CO family technical product specification on page 25.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
Jhear3
Beginner

there it is that's almost what I was looking for, if two processors are installed does the memory have to be installed in a special arrangement? Is it A1 B1 or A1 A2 for ECC memory? I have 4x 4gb Samsung sticks PC3 10500

It's been a while since I set this stuff up I just remember filling all the blue slots on my S5000 and it worked, I surmise a lot has changed in 10 years. Thanks a million.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi jd0gg,

The second processor is not recognized by Intel® Server Board S2600COE.

If you want to work with two processors you need to have at least one piece of memory using DIMM A1 and DIMM E1.

If you want to use dual channel use A1 and B1 for the first processor and E1 and F1 for the second processor.

The Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2643 v2 only supports ECC memories.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi jd0gg,

The Intel® Server Board S2600COE is not working properly with both processors.

I am following your post, please tell me if you need anything else from our side.

Regards,

Mike C

0 Kudos