Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

AC 3160 "No Internet"

EArtz
Beginner

Dell Inspiron. 3160 sees internet connections, but will not connect - simply says "no internet". I've installed the latest driver. I'm out of ideas. Tried both 2.x and 5GHz settings.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Did you try running the troubleshooter? I had this occurring and, after running the troubleshooter, it then worked. It turned out to be bad settings carried over from previous location (happened while travelling)...

...S

0 Kudos
EArtz
Beginner

I did. It ran its course with no solution.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Gutter,

We understand you're able to connect to your network, but not to the internet.

In order to better assist you we would like to have some more information:

- What is your wireless router/access point brand, model, and (if possible) firmware version?

- Have you tried connecting to a different network? If so, does this issue carry over?

- Please download and run the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility. Please scan your system while connected to your wireless network, and select to scan "everything." You will then be able to save this report and upload it manually as an attachment.

To enable attachments, you'll need to "use the advanced editor" while replying.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Gutter,

We haven't heard back from you. Has your issue been resolved?

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos