Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Updating HD Graphics 3000 - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

idata
Employee

I have:

AMD Radeon HD 6630M version 8.862.4.4000

Intel HD Graphics 3000 version 8.862.4.4000

Since Day One, I have had a problem with the AMD display driver that stops responding when using Adobe Creative Suites CS5

A possible solution is to update the video drivers.

I have found an update for the AMD but need to update the Intel HD 3000 with a version suitable for my computer.

How do I find the one right for my machine?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello iaf2015,

Here is the latest graphics version for your system File name: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloads/eula/24971/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-64-bit?httpDown=https://downloadmirror.intel.com/24971/a08/win64_152824.exe win64_152824.exe.

For further details on "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" error you can check https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2665946 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2665946.

The content on the above site is not controlled by Intel. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel for the merchants or services offered there.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Amy, thanks.

I have ran the Microsoft Fix It before but didn't resolve my issue.

I have ran it again today and will if it's a new Fix It version that might help.

Anyway, the update link you sent me doesn't specify the Intel Graphics by number only the version

Version: 15.28.24.64.4229 (Latest)

Date: 06/05/2015

Should I assume is 3000?

The AMD driver update that I have found is the one below.

I will appreciate if you let me know if it is compatible with Intel's new version above or one doesn't have to do with the other?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

The link that I posted refers to the latest graphics version for the Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Yes in that case is compatible, my recommendation will be to install the Intel HD Graphics 3000 first and then the AMD graphics version.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Amy, something strange happened.

1. I originally started with:

AMD Radeon HD 6630M version 8.862.4.4000

Intel HD Graphics 3000 version 8.862.4.4000

2. After updating both drivers (I used the link you gave me for Intel) I ended up with:

AMD Radeon 6600M an 6700M series version 15.200.1062.1004

Intel HD Graphics Family version 8.862.4.2000

3. I didn't know what to make of the Intel version which was lower than originally and I went ahead and used the Update option in Device Manager to update the Intel's and now it shows:

Intel HD Graphics 3000 version 9.17.10.4229

As I was supposed to update Intel's first I don't know if I did right or wrong in step 3.

(By the way I used the AMD update from their website. Should I try to update it through Device Manager again and see what happens?)

PLEASE LET ME KNOW if I have to restore the system and start all over again or if I am okay as it is.

THANK YOU,

Iris

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Since you already installed the driver just leave it as it is and try to download the AMD driver through the Device Manager. I would also recommend to install the driver that allows the switchable graphics to happen, this driver should be available through the website of your motherboard manufacturer.

Let me know your findings.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Amy, thanks for your time. Unfortunately I am giving up as I couldn't solve anything.

So you know, below I describe what happened.

To start with, I couldn't figure out how to install the driver that allows the switchable graphics to happen as I couldn't find details re the motherboard manufacturer and so on.

It made sense to me your recommendation to update the switchable graphics driver as I noticed that I couldn't adjust the backlight on the screen. The display was dull and I would increase the light but in a few seconds it went back to dull.

However, that became a moot point because after I updated the AMD DRIVER through Device Manager both drivers reverted to the original version 8.862.4.4000 under Device Manager>Display Adapters:

I restored the system anyway and then ran "AMD Radeon HD 6470M/6630M and Intel HD Graphics 3000 Update"

The link was given to me by Sony some time in the past.

Now, while both show the Version 8.862.4.4000 under Device Manager>Display adapters, the Intel Graphics Properties shows this other version.

I have ran this update utility before and didn't resolve the issue of the AMD driver stop responding so I guess I am back where I started.

Excuse me for this lengthy explanation but since you have spent all this time with me I thought I bring you up-to-date.

Thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello iaf2015,

It's unfortunate that you're still facing this issue and at this point since you have tried to download the appropriate drivers with no success I would recommend to contact your motherboard manufacturer to get more information on the graphics drivers.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos