Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7366 Discussions

intel dual band wireless-ac 7260 stops working after wakeup from standby

DGlas1
Beginner

I've seen a lot of people with the same problem on the internet, and on the Intel website too, but no solutions. I know that when I go to device manager and disable the driver, then enable again, it is fixed until I put my computer into standby again. I've tried every single driver version, and they all have this problem; currently using dell precision 3800. I and probably many other still need a solution to this.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

DFG,

Which operating system are you running in your computer?

0 Kudos
DGlas1
Beginner

Windows 7 professional 64 bit.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

DFG

In this particular case, please try to update the drivers:https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25203/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-7- Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows 7* once the drivers are updated, you can go to Control Panel >> Device Manager >> Network Adapters and select the adapter. Once it is selected, right click on it and select Property. In this option, select the tab that says Power Management and uncheck the option that says " Allow Computer to Turn off this Device to Save Power.

0 Kudos
DGlas1
Beginner

Okay, the new driver is actually working for me. Thanks!

0 Kudos