Items with no label
3335 Discussions

SR300 not working in Windows 10 Insider 14986

LSpol
Novice

Hi, I have big issues with my SR300 and Windows 10 Insider 14986. Unfortunately I don't know if it was working in previous builds; I just upgraded my motherboard and CPU of my PC.

1. Device manager looks normal, under Universal Serial Bus Devices I have Intel RealSense Camera SR300 with Microsoft driver; under Imaging devices I have SR300 Depth (driver intel 3.3.27.5717) and SR300 RGB (driver Microsoft). I don't see the SR300 virtual driver that other people mention.
  2. Native Camera app doesn't work: error 0xA00F4244 (0xC00D36D5) also other app (like Skype) will not detect the camera)
  3. Can't configure Windows Hello, after clicking get started, the button disappear, nothing else happen, and the only other button is "Cancel".
  4. Camera Explorer say that both Camera Front and Long Range are not connected.
  5. SDK Information attached, but sometimes by clicking the camera tab, the app crash.

I tried to uninstall/reinstall the drivers and the devices several times, but nothing help. Also, Windows Update will install automatically the latest driver 3.3.27.5718.

SysInfo export attached (I have an i7-6700 so the camera is fully supported by my machine).

73 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Licantrop0,

Thank you for interest in the Intel® RealSense™ Technology.

Unfortunately, Windows 10 Insider versions are out of the scope of this support team.

What I can recommend is to install the latest supported version of Windows 10 or to contact the Windows 10 Technical preview forum https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/welcome-to-the-windows-10-technical-preview-forum/56369120-6cbf-40d1-b3d7-aac066f8b4ab?auth=1.

Regards,

Andres
0 Kudos
LSpol
Novice

Oh, so when the problem will still be there (because you didn't want to investigate it in preview builds) and Windows Creators Update will be released breaking your camera driver for every customer, then you will take care of it?

I don't think you understand the importance of supporting preview builds...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Licantrop0,

I'll investigate if there is some workaround for your issue, but you should keep in mind that cases related to Windows 10 Insider versions are out of the scope of this technical support team.

Regards,

Andres
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

The same Problem here with Intel Realsense F200 and Windows Insider Build 14286.

I am still waiting for Update or Workaround.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Licantrop0,

We are still investigating this issue. We will update you when we have more information. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Jesus Garcia

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Licantrop0,

You are right, currently the Depth Camera Manager for SR300 is not working on Windows Insider Preview version 14986 - the Virtual Driver is not installing and it is required for camera functionality with SDK applications. Intel's development team is aware of this but it is a Microsoft issue. Incremental Windows releases are not supposed to break drivers in this way.

We are confident that these issues will be resolved when the next production release of Windows is available.

For now, if you want to use Windows Hello with the SR300 camera, please use the latest stable Windows 10 version, Windows OS build 14393.576.

Best Regards,

Jesus Garcia

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
ABlac
Beginner

Unfortunately build 15002 does not fix this issue.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thx for the Info.

I am waiting for a better build.

0 Kudos
jarch3
Beginner

Same issue. I'm on build 15002 also.

It appears Microsoft is aware of the issue, although it's been over 2 months without a fix. Please Upvote:

https://aka.ms/aw8e1y Feedback Hub - Windows Insider Program and https://aka.ms/Gecxdi Feedback Hub - Windows Insider Program

0 Kudos
DMcNe1
Beginner

Everyone -- the same thing is happening in Windows 10 Home too. I will look for or start a separate thread but just wanted to put this here. Also, the Internet (outside of Intel) is full of people having this same issue so please stop blaming the entire thing on Windows.

0 Kudos
GMorg3
Novice

Just installed Build 15007, and my SR300 is still broken. Everything worked fine until 14986. And that screwed the pooch. I cannot believe that MS would ignore this? 15007 has a feature called Dynamic Lock, but I cannot test that because Windows Hello took a crap.

LSpol
Novice

I am a Microsoft engineer (not working on windows hello thou), I opened the bug internally, and Microsoft already investigated the issue.

This is an Intel driver problem, Intel has to fix it.

If any Intel engineer working on RealSenseDCM can contact me, I will send the details in private.

idata
Employee

Thank you all for your interest in this matter and for looking into it for us. I have received confirmation that Intel and Microsoft engineers are already working on this issue together. I don't have a timeline for a fix but it will be completed in time for the next production release of Windows 10.

Best regards,

Jesus Garcia

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
DMcNe1
Beginner

Jesus -- while it's slightly comforting when you say that Intel and Microsoft engineers are already working on this issue together, it's not at all comforting that the issue has been happening since earlier last year and that you, yourself, have been previously involved at least once but nothing, as of yet, has been accomplished. Back at the beginning of December you replied to a thread where a bunch of people were experiencing this issue and told them that they need to move their postings from Support over to the RealSense Community. But did you do anything about the actual problem back then? My time-sensitive project is being held up by this bizarre Virtual Driver problem. Saying that you don't have a timeline for a fix, "after all this time" isn't acceptable anymore.

0 Kudos
ABlac
Beginner

Are you running the Anniversary Update or a Insider Preview build? This issue was not present in the post Anniversary update, pre 14986 builds so if you are running Anniversary update I doubt that this is the same issue that you are seeing. If you are on a Windows Insider Preview build then you really shouldn't be using it to run time-sensitive projects on. In their defense Intel have no obligation to support non-production versions of Windows (even if it is in their long term interest to do so).

0 Kudos
GMorg3
Novice

How can it be Intel's problem when it worked in Builds prior to 14986? Build 14877 worked fine. It was with 14986 that the issue started and continues. I don't think that it is an Intel issue. Microsoft broke it. They should fix it.

0 Kudos
ABlac
Beginner

And, if it is a Microsoft issue, I'm sure they will. Just because the issue surfaced after a particular build was released does not make it automatically Microsoft's fault that it broke. They may well have introduced a change based on specific standards and if the existing Intel hardware/software is not compatible with those standards then Microsoft cannot be blamed. We just don't know and as a software development consultant I see this all the time.

They have a great many issues that need to be fixed. The Insider program is beta software and Microsoft are under no obligation to fix any single issue above others. I will say again. You should not be using the Insider Windows 10 builds to host a time-critical project.

0 Kudos
DMcNe1
Beginner

Malvern -- I guess I'm not on the thread where I've stated I'm on Windows Home (I know this one is about Insider but I have been populating the error in many places hoping it will get seen to finally). I'll attach my winver stuff here:

That's the anniversary update, right? The thing is, I'm pretty sure I had the issue before August (Anniversary update month) but I'm not 100% on that. I've had lesser versions of this issue all along since I got the camera - with many weeks in between problems where there was no problem at all. (And I'm reading that same bizarre situation in other places, too.) All I had to do before was to relocate the camera to a different USB3 port and the Virtual Driver would return (it didn't matter if I eventually came back to a USB port that previously hadn't worked, either). Most of the time this worked. Sometimes I had to uninstall the DCM and drivers manually from Device Manager and sometimes I didn't. It probably has happened 6 - 10 times since August. But, this week, it disappeared and is not coming back no matter what I do. I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything 10 times. Used the Creative drivers instead (someone posted that is the fix). I uninstalled the Microsoft update we all got on the 13th but it hasn't fixed the issue. It's as if I've reached some maximum amount of "relocating to a different port" tries.

The very first time I plugged the camera in, I did not have the Virtual Driver appear. Thinking back, I really thought there was something simple that I did to get it to appear and that worked back then (besides plugging it into a different USB port). But, for the life of me, I can't find that simple thing now online or in the documentation. All 3 entries are just supposed to appear by themselves when you plug the camera in, right? Depth, RGB & Virtual Driver. Thanks for your interest and help.

Dave

0 Kudos
CBrow8
Beginner

Hi ... I was having the same issue with the SR300 not being recognized at Windows login (after installation of Windows 10 14393.693).

I opened the Device Manager and uninstalled the 2 SR300 devices in the Imaging Devices folder.

After reboot, I now have 3 SR300 devices in the Imaging Devices folder : a virtual device was added and now the SR300 is being recognized by Windows 10 and Windows Hello login is again working fine.

Charles

0 Kudos
ABlac
Beginner

This is not the same issue referred to in this thread. The issue that you mention was present in pre-14986 releases and I encountered it myself. Uninstalling and reinstalling the device was a viable workaround. The issue in this thread is not fixed by an uninstall/reinstall.

0 Kudos