Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

How do I customize the aspect ratio for SAMSUNG TV for 1600x900 resolution?

SSamM1
Beginner

I have bad luck with Intel and overscan. I've managed to make the screen to a manageable aspect ratio, but only for a resolution so small, that it makes it impossible to fit enough things on my screen at once, making some things, especially vertical things, very frustrating to deal with. my TV is a 32", so it also makes everything big and clunky.

As you can see from my attachment, I can't find a way to make the aspect ratio for my screen to fit if the desirable Resolution, and if I just have it as it is, then I will have to deal with overscan. is there a certain way to make it possible to customize the aspect ratio at 1600x900?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

I would like to have additional information about your system configuration. Please run the following utility and attach the results.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility

In order to attach files, make sure you select the "Advanced Editor" option in the top right of your reply window. You will then be presented with an attach file dialogue at the bottom of the reply.

Allan.
0 Kudos
SSamM1
Beginner

Okay, here it is, I think.

0 Kudos
SSamM1
Beginner

there's gonna be nothing left of me except bones with how long it's taking me to get feedback...

0 Kudos
SSamM1
Beginner

Welp, no thanks to you guys, I solved the problem.

I went to the advanced settings, figured out what I needed for the resolution and stuff, and this is what came out:

I figured this out by myself. No one who lives near me, or friends that I have, or moderators on this site, knew how to help my problem. But I did it. I solved the puzzle. I won't give anyone else but me credit for solving this. Good bye Intel, your customer service is loathsome.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I am glad to hear that you were able to solve this problem. This will help other owners with Windows® 10 and 2nd generation graphics.

Allan.
0 Kudos
SSamM1
Beginner

I'm sorry dude. I know you were just trying to do your job, and you had to try and ignore my less-than-professional comments to reply to me... behind the company, you're probably just a guy doing his work so he can provide the money to support his wife and kids..

... But until the day that i get more "human" responses from customer services of big corporations such as intel, or at least faster responces (even if it's just to say that you're working on a solution), then I will never take any customer service seriously.

Thanks for trying to help out anyways Allan.

0 Kudos