Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Intel RealSense SDK Sample Browser Will Not Open

MUrsp
Beginner

Hello,

The RealSense SDK Sample Browser application will not open for me. All other applications or sample codes I have tried so far seem to work properly, so everything should be installed properly and be in the proper locations. When I click on the application I get the blue spinning circle to show that my computer is trying to do something. After a few seconds it stops and nothing every happens. No errors messages; nothing. I have tried running it as an administrator but I still have the same issue. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi RealSenseSLU,

Thanks for your interest in the Realsense Platform.

Could you uninstall the SDK and follow the steps in this video guide? Make sure you install first the DCM before you install the SDK.

Video guide: https://software.intel.com/en-us/videos/downloading-and-installing-the-intel-realsense-sdk RealSense - Downloading and Installing the Intel® RealSense SDK | Intel® Software .

I will be waiting for your reply, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose.

0 Kudos
PHB
Novice

On Windows 10? The RSSDK_DIR environment variable probably not set. It does not set correctly on all install attempts of the SDK due to garbage windows 10 user permission/ security changes you might have. Set variable to top level of the SDK in in progflkes(x86)/Intel/rssdk. I set as system variable and rm the variable before upgrading/reinstalls of the SDK, just in case a fix comes along.

Think there might also be a change to PATH variable but not 100% certain due to 8 hours of installs.

Reinstall SDK as user but run with elevated admin privs mostly works.