Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Merging two SR300 to increase the field of view

DCunn2
Beginner

Hello Intel RealSense Community,

I have two Intel RealSense SR300 Cameras ( Firmware version: 3.21.0.0 ) which

i want to merge into one Program.

My idea was to increase the field of view by positioning the cameras in a degree of about 90°.

Can you please suggest an approach on how this could be accomplished?

And can this be done via the Intel RealSense SDK or would you recommend using the librealsense library?

I'm working with Windows 10, Visual Studio 2015.

Many thanks in advance,

David C.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi David,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel® RealSense Platform.

I believe you can use the Intel RealSense SDK in order to accomplish it, please take a look at the SDK documentation: https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v2016r3/documentation/html/index.html?doc_essential_working_with_peripheral_devices.html Intel® RealSense™ SDK 2016 R3 Documentation, the "Working with Peripheral Devices" section addresses special handling required to work with SR300 peripheral camera devices that could help you with this.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

-Yermi

JDebo
Novice

I'm merging multiple cameras. The merging is done after acquisition though, using PCL. Keep in mind the SR300 projects an infrared pattern, so interference from other cameras can very much be an issue.

DCunn2
Beginner

May i ask how far you did come ? I don't know PCL yet, but i'm definitely taking a look at it. I'm trying to get comfortable with librealsense at the moment. It's easier to get along with it in my opinion, especialy handling streaming data.

Wich language and ide do you use ? Did you integrate it in the sdk ?

0 Kudos
JDebo
Novice

PCL is C++, and makes use of cmake

I have used Visual Studio, and also Qt Creator.

Yes I would think librealsense would be better in the long term as well, but I made use of some existing code integrating PCL and realsense SDK (though librealsense is also integrated now).

If you decide you want to use PCL, and are on Windows, this is your fastest avenue: http://unanancyowen.com/en/pcl18/ Point Cloud Library 1.8.0 has been released – Summary?Blog

Then here is a project integrating the SDK https://github.com/taketwo/rs GitHub - taketwo/rs: PCL grabber for RealSense devices

Then again, I'm sure you could do it without PCL as well.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi David,

I would like to know if the information provided by James help you or if you still need help in this case.

Regards,

-Yermi

0 Kudos
DCunn2
Beginner

Hi,

yes it did help me. At the time I'm trying to accomplish it with librealsense.

-David

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I just wanted to add that the new ZR300 camera supports the use of multiple cameras. This may be useful to you if you are doing a similar project in the future.

0 Kudos