Items with no label
3335 Discussions

R200 not supported anymore in SDK 2016 R3?

idata
Employee

Hi, Is the R200 camera not supported anymore in SDK 2016 R3? Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Yotsclee,

Yes you are right the R200 is no longer supported in the SDK R3. If you will like to use the R200 I will recommend to use the SDK R2, you can download it from this thread .

Hope you find this information useful, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose.
0 Kudos
Costelha
Beginner

Ok, but will it no longer be supported in future updates of the SDK? Intel stopped supporting the R200?

In terms of supported languages, does it also mean that the focus now is only in C# and C++?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Intel began to change its RealSense focus away from mobile last summer, dropping the Smartphone Development Kit and Atom mobile processor. Its focus is now on the SR-300 'desktop' cam and the robotics development kit, plus products that use the RealSense camera such as the Aero drone kit and Project Alloy mixed-reality headset..

As Jose said above, R200 users will need to use the older R2 SDK. An alternative option for R200 developers that will probably continue to receive updates may be the open-source librealsense SDK.

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense GitHub - IntelRealSense/librealsense: Cross-platform camera capture for Intel® RealSense™ F200, SR300 and R200

0 Kudos
DCost2
Beginner

That's a shame, as a developer I've bought the R200 early on, right after it was available. I feel that this is a rip-off.

0 Kudos