Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

intel gpu and nvidia gpu crashes each other

찬이
Beginner

I use P35X V6 laptop that carries i7-6700hq and gtx1070 in it. I had this wired freezing problem since I bought this one about a month ago. I use win 10 pro 64bit ver and when I click the start menu screen freezes for a sec and then come back to normal. Same goes when I enter GeForce experience. And I have some occasional freezes when I click the battery icon or wifi icon at the bottom right or surfing the interent using chrome. Funny thing Is that when I turn of 1070 from the bios, the freezing never happens. Same goes when I deleted the NVidia driver using ddu. And the other thing is that when I play games or other graphic related works using 1070, or just simply turn it on using windows sticky note, freezing never happens. When the NVidia driver is installed and my graphic card is turned off, the freeze happens. There are no such warning signs or what I can detect from the diagnostic softwares, just 1 sec mouse freeze and that's all but annoying as hell. I heard from some other forum that It might be intel hd graphics and NVidia driver crashes each other situation but haven' t got any luck fixing it. I installed the latest version drivers but no good. I tried reinstalling the windows and the drivers after deleting everything but no good. I sent this thing to repair but what they did is just installing a softwere that keep the graphic card on, which drains my battery like hell. I think there are only monkeys at the gigabyte repair. I want REAL SOLUTION.

I really need some help. Please help me save my laptop.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

The problem you just described on this thread does not seem to be software related. It seems hardware. Something related to the board. I am sorry but I am not following you when you mentioned "1070". What is it?

You will confirm hardware problem if this issue is still at BIOS level. If this is happening there, you definitely have a hardware issue.

Allan.
0 Kudos
찬이
Beginner

I was meaning the gtx1070. And i don't think it is a hardware problem because it happens only in win10. I tried win7 and seems it works without any lags. What i mean in the bios is that my laptop has a gpu on and off switch in it so that if i turn it off, the laptop dose not recognize the gtx1070. Any recommendations?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for the update.

Have you tested the latest Intel® HD graphics 530 drivers?

I recommend loading the latest driver available at http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Driver/nb-driver-64bit-vga-intel-20.19.15.4463.zip Gigabyte

If the problem remains, please try uninstalling any Intel® graphics driver from Windows control panel and test the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26464/Intel-Graphics-Beta-Driver-15-45- Intel graphics drivers version 4552

Allan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I was wondering if you were able to install and test Intel® HD graphics 530 graphics drivers?

Allan.
0 Kudos
RBalt1
New Contributor I

A lot of users have this problem. I have created this topic on Microsoft forum to have them look into the problem. Please levae your comment and click on "Me too". Thanks.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mobile-gtx-1060-freeze-problem/93e7004a-62b1-4211-8e37-4c136608865e Mobile GTX 1060 Freeze Problem - Microsoft Community

0 Kudos