Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

Latest Intel graphics driver (15.33.18.64.3496) and power management

FLoiz
Beginner

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and english is not my native language so be not surprised if I write something wrong.

I own an Acer V3-772G notebook with Intel Core i7-4702MQ processor which has a HD4600 graphics solution integrated. With the recent generic driver (15.33.18.64.3496) I experience some strange issues regarding frequency and power management.

First, I'm a bit confused about the correct clock speed of the integrated GPU. GPU-Z shows that this processor/GPU has a factory core clock of 400 MHz, actually measured is a clock speed of 600 MHz. And that's the reason why the notebook fan is constantly running, I think. There is not process running in the background and the CPU is downclocking to appr. 700-800 MHz (with balanced power profile of Windows 8.1), as it should.

Only the GPU is not downclocking to a value below 600 MHz. Even if I do nothing.

My question is of course, what is wrong? In the past this GPU was downclocking to 400 MHz. With the new driver it is not. How can I instruct the system to throttle the speed?

0 Kudos
0 Replies