Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7432 Discussions

Intel Centrino Wireless N-2230 Windows 8 problem

YTote
Beginner

Hello,

I installed Windows 8 Pro on my Dell Inspiron 5520. I installed the driver for the bluetooth and when I pair my phone with my laptop, the only service it provides is file transfer. Previously, I was with Windows 7 and I could use my laptop's speakers and microphone to make calls from my phone (Samsung Galaxy S3) and to play music from the phone.

My guess is that the driver for Windows 8 just does not include these profiles because I tried a usb bluetooth dongle using Broadcom drivers and there is the bluetooth service to play music from my phone on my laptop but does not support the functionality to use my laptop's speakers and microphone to make calls from my phone (it is available on Windows 7).

Is that the problem? If it is, I think that a solution has to be found, as Windows 8 has been released around 2 years ago.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hello danivt21. I am trying to understand, were you able to stream music using the Bluetooth* dongle?

0 Kudos