Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

Hello, I have a question about intel i3 generation upgradation!!!

SKarm3
Novice

So, I have a intel processor which is intel i3-540 LGA1156 1st genaration. And I heard from my friend that I can upgrade my processor to 2nd or 3rd or new 4th generation free in warranty period!!!!!

If it is true!! then how can I do it....

THANK YOU!!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SKarm3
Novice

hello joe by the way my first problem is solved... it's is happen due to wrong driver installation ... thank you so much...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

The processor can only be replaced by Intel for the same model, when the unit is defective and within the warranty period.

I hope this clarifies your question.

http://www.intel.com/support/processors/sb/CS-020033.htm Processors; Warranty information

SKarm3
Novice

Okay, I understand....

But is there any facility available for replacing intel 1st generation to latest generation spending money!!!!

Cause my intel i3-540 is slow comparing other generation and also I have intel DH55PJ and I don't know why it is a bad combination( intel i3-540 & intel DH55PJ) with windows 8.....We know that windows 8 automatically install drivers...But some softwares like Blender, Photoshop didn't work correctly....Then if I install graphics driver from the intel mother board driver CD those software works but again not fully correct and also 2nd time internet explorer and firefox didn't work..

But when I download the latest version of graphics driver it says "The computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software.".....I think this happens because new drivers are supported by intel higher generation..that's the story..thank you...

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I understand your concern; however, at this time we do not offer such upgrade option. We also have to bear in mind that replacing a processor for a newer family series usually involves replacing the motherboard with a compatible one.

We offer Intel® HD Graphics driver support to a number of operating systems, which are listed in this article: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034343.htm Graphics; Supported operating systems

So, in this case the combination of hardware and operating system you have is supposed to use the Microsoft* inbox drivers but perhaps a BIOS update can help.

0 Kudos
SKarm3
Novice

but when I try to update BIOS it fails.... can you please tell me why this was happen??

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Perhaps you will get better results with a different http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-022312.htm BIOS update method such as F7 or Recovery. As best practice we suggest updating incrementally instead of jumping many versions to the latest one.

SKarm3
Novice

hello joe by the way my first problem is solved... it's is happen due to wrong driver installation ... thank you so much...

0 Kudos