Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

What's going on with my computer?

SMaka6
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to update my graphical driver for the last few days, because this game that I'm playing online recommended having updated drivers. I downloaded the intel download utility app, and it suggests drivers for me to download, but as soon as I hit install, it says your computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements to install this software. What?? Why would the Intel utility driver app recommend me software that my computer can't handle? So I tried all three option for updating my drivers, and guess what, my PC didn't meet the minimum to run it. I've also tried uninstalling my driver, and then applying another one from online, but that has failed every time too. Either the intel driver utility app needs to be fixed, or something is wrong with my computer. I just hop someone finds the most updated driver for my computer and links it down below.

Here are the specs of my laptop:

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi smakavana,

Pre-build systems have customized drivers by their manufacturers, so our drivers usually don't work properly. I suggest you to download and install the latest BIOS and drivers from Lenovo support website. Start with the BIOS and chipset driver then, continue with the graphics driver.

Lenovo support

http://support.lenovo.com/cr/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Flex-Series/Flex-2-15-Notebook-Lenovo?tabName=Downloads&linkTrack=Mast:SubNav:Support:Drivers%20and%20Software|Drivers%20and%20Software&beta=false http://support.lenovo.com/cr/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Flex-Series/Flex-2-15-Notebook-Lenovo?tabName=Downloads&linkTrack=Mast:SubNav:Support:Drivers%20and%20Software|Drivers%20and%20Software&beta=false

Mike C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi smakavana,

I am following your case. Let me know if my troubleshooting solved the issue.

Mike C
0 Kudos
SMaka6
Beginner

Hello, this is a couple of months late, but I'm still having this problem. Either that, or Lenovo doesn't/hasn't updated my computer's specific drivers in a very long time. Is there anything else that can be done?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi smakavana,

I suggest you to contact Lenovo support and request a newer custom graphics driver.

You can try installing our latest generic graphics driver version 4501. It might work on your system. The instructions are the following.

1-Download the zip file of the driver from downloadcenter, unzip and keep the file on the desktop.

2-Turn Internet connection off

3-Go to device manager>Display Adapter, right click Intel HD graphics and select uninstall driver (check delete box)

4-Restart the computer

5-Go to device manager>Display Adapter, right click over Microsoft generic driver select Update driver, browse search for graphics folder at desktop (step 1)

6-Restart system and review graphics driver version installed from device manager or Graphics control Panel.

Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10, v. 4501

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26229/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen-?product=81497

Mike C

0 Kudos