Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

6700K: Teamviewer conncetion not working when screen is turned off : Black Screen when try to connect when monitor is connected with DisplayPort 1.2 @ 4k

HMaye
Beginner

6700K: Teamviewer conncetion to PC (6700K) when screen is turned off : Black Screen when try to connect when screen is connected with DisplayPort 1.2 @ 4k

6700K: Teamviewer conncetion to PC (6700K) when screen is turned off : everything OK when connected with HDMI 2.0 @ 4k

approx. 100 of the same "Error-Message" in TeamViewer Log:

2016/05/07 10:55:52.043 4616 11408 D2!! CAppSelection_Win::IsMetroAppVisible() GetAppVisibilityOnMonitor(0) failed with hr=80070057

Indcluded:

Intel SSU (System Support Utility):

DxDiag

DispDiag

Intel SSU (System Support Utility): (Note - This is a new Intel tool that will eventually incorporate gathering all the data needed in one click. Targeting end of year to be fully featured. Until then, please provide the DxDiag and DispDiag as well)https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility

1. Download the utility
  2. Run the exe and select 'Scan'
  3. Save and include as an attachment int he Intel Community Forum

DxDiag Instructions:

1. Click on the "Start Menu" -> Type "DxDiag" -> Press "Enter" -> Wait for the DirectX Diagnostic Tool to finish loading
  2. In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, click "Save All Information" -> Save the file DxDiag.txt
  3. Include DxDiag.txt as an attachment in the Intel Community Forum

DispDiag Instructions:

1. Click on the "Start Menu" -> Type "cmd" -> Then a command shell window will open
  2. In the command shell, type "dispdiag -out %homepath%\Desktop\DispDiag-Intel-Issue.dat" -> The command shell will output something similar to "Dump File: C:\Users\[username]\DispDiag-# -# -# -# .dat"
  3. Locate the .dat file on your desktop and include DispDiag-Intel-Issue.dat in the Intel Community Forum
0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Economy ,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

Please try to install the latest graphics driver, you can download it here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25948/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=88345 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25948/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=88345

I suggest uninstalling your older driver and installing the one from the link above.

If that drover doesn't work try with the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25957/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=88345 Beta driver.

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
HMaye
Beginner

First Try:

Driver Version: 15.40.22.4424

Second Try

Driver Version: Beta 15.40.23.4444

(1) => Both same issue with Black Screen as described above on connection on Display Port 1.2 @ 4k

(2) There is also the error that the sound is not working after turninig off the monitor. I need to restart the windows service "Windows Audio Endpoint Builder". After restart my monitor plays the sound correctly.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Have you see if there is any interference with your unit, I have seen some issues with displayport where interference is the culprit. In particular, from mobile telephones (cell phones).

Ivan.

0 Kudos
HMaye
Beginner

Thank you for your thoughts.

I have tested at home and also when I was not at home (no celluar at home then). In both cases it does not work. Interference of mobile phones can be excluded in my view.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I downloaded Teamviewer version 11, I tried it in several different system with Displayport and HDMI and I did not experience any problems.

When I connect remotely I see a black screen but that's normal with Teamviewer to save resources when I turn off the screen I was able to see and work remotely with no issues.

I got sound and everything worked as it should.

Could you please describe a little more your issue because honestly I'm not experiencing any problems.

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
HMaye
Beginner

Thank you for your effort and your quick reply.

I guess I know why...

Manually turning off the screen is necessary.

Then you need to wait for 10-15 min. In my case windows goes in some energy saving mode (but not so much that teamviewer would stop working).

=> Then connection with Display Port 1.2 remains black, but connection with HDMI 2.0 works.

I use 4k monitor 3840 x 2160 Pixel.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It is weird that you're not able to run it with display port, I tried with the 6th gen graphics and with older versions just to see if the issue was only with the 6th gen but I did not experience any problem.

Have you tested different DisplayPort?

Ivan

0 Kudos
HMaye
Beginner

I have a guess, that it is a driver issue.

I have no "Display Port" Graphics Card at the moment to test.

Enclosed find the screenshot.

But there are some more problems with HDMI on CPU 6700K and Asus Mainboard Z170 Deluxe here:

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

By any chance, do you have another motherboard where you can test this processor? This to find root cause of the problem, I know that this is tedious to do but since we are not able to replicate this issue we are suspecting that the issue is most likely with the motherboard.

Thanks,

Ivan

0 Kudos