Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

S2600CP keeps rebooting before post

ADemi5
Beginner

I have a S2600CP with 2 e5-2670. when I received the motherboard, I booted it to check CPU and RAM and worked fine.

Now, 2 weeks later as I'm assembling the server, the motherboard powers on for a second, then powers off(all fans spin for a second), if left untouched it will sporadically try too boot for a second and shut off(in a loop).

I tried to remove CPUs and RAM and it beeps as expected complaining for the CPU.

I removed the motherboard from the chassis.

With a single CPU it behaves the same way, same with just one or two sticks of RAM.

I tried a different power supply with the same result.

I changed the CMOS battery and reset the BIOS.

If I power up with the BIOS jumper set to "reset to defaut" and then boot, it beeps with 1-5-4-2 that is DC power loss.

All the PSU I have tested are 850W.

Any idea?

thank you for your time

Alberto

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KZ1
Beginner

I have encountered a similar boot issue. There are no error messages, no beeps. Status led is green.

I've already replaced PSU, CPU and memory with no luck.

Could you tell me, did you managed to solve the problem?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have the same issue. Assuming its a bad board. Going to RMA

0 Kudos
Divakaran
Beginner

Team i had the same issue though i had good ram, good smps but with single EPS 4+4 connector. i had the same power on off repeadely. the issue with the smps, thought we use single processor, but the board expects two connector or the right amperage smps. after changing my smps with another one with higher amperage and twp eps connection to board, the issue was resolved.

0 Kudos