Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

intel hd graphics 4000 windows 10 driver

idata
Employee

Hi,

I have Lenovo z500i laptop running "intel hd graphics 4000 " as per my Device Manager . The Intel driver was running fine on windows 8.1. However, after I upgraded my Windows 8.1 to 10, my display dimmed to the point where I can barely see anything.

I tried to configure Windows 10 but it is set to maximum brightness. I updated your intel hd graphics 4000 windows 10 driver to the latest - in Device Manager it says it is dated 12/21/215 version 10.18.10.4358.

I went to your website:

/thread/55091 https://communities.intel.com/thread/55091

And noticed that other users are complaining about your drivers. I found this link and tried to install latest driver:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25977/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-33-?v=t Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.33]

However, when I tried to execute it (version 15.33.43.4425 for graphics driver 10.18.10.4425) , your driver announced that "This installation package is not supported by this processor type".

Can someone help get me the right driver?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, Ihot:

The latest driver for Intel® HD Graphics 4000 is the following version https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25977/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-33-?product=81499 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.33], you could try installing the driver with the following method http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html How to Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 &...; however, it seems like your computer manufacturer has not officially validated Windows® 10 for your computer model meaning that it is possible that the driver won't fix the issue, and there is chance that some components or features from your computer might not work as expected. I have checked here http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-z-series-laptops/ideapad-z500-notebook?beta=false Laptops-and-netbooks :: IdeaPad-Z-Series-laptops :: IdeaPad-Z500-Notebook - Lenovo Support (US), but there is no sing of Windows® 10 video drivers.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for doing research for me Amy. Yes, I did go to Lenovo website and I didn't find display driver for windows 10.

However, my laptop's display chip is from Intel - so shouldn't I be getting my device driver from Intel ?

Most importantly, I already downloaded Intel's Graphics Driver 15.33 as I have mentioned before - and it would not run. Again , it display a message (your driver announced that) "This installation package is not supported by this processor type".

Is there someone at Intel who can tell me why your device driver gives that error message?

Can I try to run some of the older device drivers on your website to see if one will not give the above error message?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Intel provides generic drivers for general purposes which can be install in any compatible system as long as the computer manufacturer allow the installation of generic drivers. Most of the times the computer manufacturers set their systems to only allow the installation of customized drivers, and in your case customized drivers are provided by Lenovo.

Are you installing the 32-bit o 64-bit version? Bear in mind that the "Instruction Set" of your processor is 32-bit.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks Amy. I upgrade from Windows 8.1 64bit to win10 64 bit.

I downloaded the latest Intel graphics driver using the link you provided.

I was not able to follow your other link's instructions to use Device Manager to run the executable win64_153343.4425.exe. So I went ahead and executed the download win64_153343.4425 directly

BTW, I have over 20 years of light programming experience with DOS scripts.

After reboot, my laptop monitor is still dim even though it is set to maximum brightness. I had to use an external monitor - which display great.

Device Manager's Display adapter now shows I am running 4/4/2016 version 10.18.10.4425 driver of Intel HD graphics.

Your executable installed Intel HD Graphics Control Panel etc. I checked them out but there's nothing there to increase brightness.

Please help and advise.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Since you already have the latest driver available from our end and the issue is still present the next the step would be to try with Lenovo's drivers. I have found some posts referring to this matter, please check them and give them a try;

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, /thread/104719 Ihot:

Were you able to follow my suggestion? Did you install Lenovo's drivers?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos