Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

My external 3tb hdd toshiba suddenly dissappears and shows only 746 gb unallocated space.I have more than 2 tb info there and i dont wanna format it.i had it fully recognizable and working 2.7 tb( not partitioned) .I use a packard and bell extender that i

idata
Employee

I have more than 2 tb info there and i dont wanna format it.i had it fully recognizable and working 2.7 tb( not partitioned) .I use a packard and bell extender that i use it as a usb.i even changed the bios from sata to raid and nothin.i tryed installing rapid storage technology from intel and some of them said that i didnt had the minimum requirements and others just stopped installing.i have win 7 64 bit 2 gb ram 800mhz intel dual core e 5200 2*2.5 ghz processor.anybody help me because i need those infos. Motherboard: ECS GF7050VT-M5 1.0 Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 x64 Pro Service Pack 1.0 Processor: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz Ive tried in another pc with xp installed and all the same .i have to mention that my hdd primarly had a sata connection working as an internal hdd 2.7 tb and when the pins of sata motherboard broke i passed it as an external cable with packard and bell usb and poweradapter.it worked fine until i shut down the pc and when i started normally the next day it wont show up and in disk management would show only 746 gb. Before i even started to use as an internal hdd i formated it but i didnt partitioned and i dont remember it was a mbr or gpt but probably it was mbr.anyway when i formated it in a way to show the full storage dipslayed as 2.7 tb i started using it as internal hdd but my pins at motherboard that connect the motherboard with sata broke and i started using it as an external device.it worked fine until passed the limit of storage 2.2 tb thats when my hdd started not showing in my pc.in my disk management it showed there and it was a raw disk showing 746 gb unallocated .

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

So, the problem began when you went over 2tb?

I think there is a bigger problem here. Before even verifying the drive was intact and was operating correctly, you began installing other software and changing your configuration.

Before you go any further, take your drive to a service center that does data recovery. If your data is that important, you will want to do this. It will be almost impossible for someone to step you through any configuration and setup at this point.

You may also want to review this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2581408 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2581408

Just my opinion.

Doc

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So, the problem began when you went over 2tb?

I think there is a bigger problem here. Before even verifying the drive was intact and was operating correctly, you began installing other software and changing your configuration.

Before you go any further, take your drive to a service center that does data recovery. If your data is that important, you will want to do this. It will be almost impossible for someone to step you through any configuration and setup at this point.

You may also want to review this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2581408 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2581408

Just my opinion.

Doc

idata
Employee

Yes the problem did occurred when i passed the 2.2 tb storage.were should i take it ?? i live in albania mate.even this hdd that i bought it is very very expensive here.i want those datas bcs i have a lot of tutorials,online courses by anyfield of knowledge we a lot of ebooks .i reviewed the link and it was helpful on remainding me that the next time i will format it i will partition.until next format im hoping to get my data back or at least to have my hdd in the previous form and to make a partition .

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

By any chance did you have a backup of your data, even if on multiple smaller drives?

Doc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi doriven,

I am really sorry for the issue; Al Hill's recommendation is the option in this case.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos