Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

HD 620 Graphics

TCioc
Beginner

I would like to hookup Two monitors to my Dell Inspiron 17 5767 with a intel 620 graphics. i already have my tv connected, how can i Connect a new monitor. i want the new monitor to Duplicate the laptop screen, and the tv to display something different.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Your laptop has only a single HDMI connector for external monitor/TV hookup. Your only option for adding an additional external monitor is via USB 3.0. This would be a low performance interface and, if you have it mirror your main monitor, it will slow that monitor too (gaming would be problematic).

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
TCioc
Beginner

Hey Scott Thanks for responding, i might bee wrong but i think the hd 620 can have three monitors, question is what is the best way to connect them

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yes, the processor has the ability to drive three DisplayPort outputs, but you can't use an output if it isn't brought out to a connector. Bottom line, they exposed one output (with a DP-to-HDMI converter IC) and used another for the laptop display. The third is not made available in this laptop design.

...S

0 Kudos
TCioc
Beginner

AAA Got it Thanks a Bunch Scott, I guess i shouldn't buy a new monitor then. lol. one more question, what about a Y splitter? wont it detect the second monitor?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

With a splitter, it will output same image to both monitors - but no, it will not detect two separate monitors.

...S

0 Kudos