cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel PCIE SSD - SSDPEDMW400G4: Incorrect Function error

RBurn1
New Contributor

Hi,

My PCIE SSD drive has been working perfectly for months but today i logged in and now i can't access any files or folders on the drive. when i try i get this error

[Window Title]

Location is not available

[Content]

D:\Program Files is not accessible.

Incorrect function.

[OK]

This is just a data drive but i use it for apps. This morning it looked like windows was trying to do an update so its possible that caused the issue. I was having issues updaing to the the latest windows 10 but i fixed that issue and it did not resolve the problem. I found a reference suggesting to use the Intel SSD toolbox to update the firmware but when i try i get this error

The diagnostics does not work either because it seems like it can't access the drive.

The model number seems to be: INTEL SSDPEDMW400G4

I also tried the Intel driver support assistant but it dosn't detect any updates. I also uninstalled the driver from Windows device manager and rebooted but windows seemed to auto install the driver when it rebooted. I also updated my motherboard bios just in case.

The motherboard i am using is Asrock Z270 Extreme4

I did read somewhere that to check the Hardware Ids of the driver, that if it starts with SCSI\ that it might be using the wrong driver bit this is what windows installs.

I'm out of things to try, any suggestions would be great. What else can i check?

6 REPLIES 6

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello nitro5252,

Thanks for posting in our communities. We understand that the data on your Intel® SSD 750 Series can't be accessed.Please try to manually reinstall the NVMe* driver for your SSD. It can be downloaded here:- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27517/Datacenter-NVMe-Microsoft-Windows-Drivers-for-Intel-... NVMe* driver for Intel® SSD.We also want to check your drive SMART details, this can provide us with more details regarding the drive's health. Please check if the "export" feature on Intel® SSD Toolbox is working for this drive. If so, please attach the resulting file to your next reply.Best regards,Eugenio F.

RBurn1
New Contributor

No luck with the NVMe driver, still get the same issue after reboot. But the toolbox now says i have the latest driver. The smart details are bellow.

'ID' 'Description' 'Raw' 'Normalized' 'Threshold' 'Action''Word' 'Description' 'Value''Item' '' 'Value'Operating System Name Microsoft Windows 10 ProVersion 10.0.16299Service Pack0Computer Manufacturer To Be Filled By O.E.M.Model To Be Filled By O.E.M.Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7600 CPU @ 3.50GHzController Name Intel Chipset SATA RAID ControllerDriver Version 15.2.0.1020Controller Name Asmedia 106x SATA ControllerDriver Version 2.0.8.0Controller Name Microsoft Storage Spaces ControllerDriver Version 10.0.16299.192Controller Name Intel(R) Solid-State Drive P3700/P3600/P3500/P3520/750 SeriesDriver Version 4.0.0.1007Controller Name Xvdd SCSI MiniportDriver Version 6.2.12133.0'Manufacturer' 'Description' 'Version' 'Controller Mode'Intel Intel(R) Solid-State Drive P3700/P3600/P3500/P3520/750 Series4 Controller used with this drive is in AHCI or RAID mode

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello nitro5252,

Thanks for your reply.It seems the system can't retrieve the SSD SMART details either since the report shows no information.Please try updating the drive firmware using Intel® SSD Firmware Update Tool. This is a bootable tool that works independently of you operating system. The ZIP file download includes an installation manual:- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26491?v=t Intel® SSD Firmware Update ToolPlease let us know the results.Best regards,Eugenio F.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello nitro5252,

We haven't heard from you in a while. Did you have the chance to test a driver update using https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26491%3Fv%3Dt Intel® SSD Firmware Update Tool?

Best regards,

Eugenio F.