Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Cannot Find Driver for Network Controller on Elitebook 8460p laptop

cgiul
Beginner

I have an HP Elitebook 8460p Windows 7 Pro 64 bit laptop and I am in the process of doing a clean install.

It is connected to the internet by an ethernet cable but when I try to connect it wirelessly, I am told a network controller is not installed. Also, the Base System device is not installed.

When I went to HP Support, it said there are no compatible drivers for either one.

I just did a clean install on another Elitebook 8460 Windows Pro 64 bit laptop and had no problem finding and installing these drivers.

Can someone tell me what I should do?

CAG43

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello CAG43,

Thanks for posting. We understand the wireless adapter drivers are missing from your system.

Checking the https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitebook-8460p-notebook-pc/5056942 drivers available for your HP Elitebook 8460p*, it seems the wireless adapter could be Intel, Broadcom* or Atheros*. Do you remember the adapter's model or brand?

Besides the base drivers at Device Manager, are you able to see any "Unknown" or "Other Devices"?

NOTE: Links to third party sites are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello CAG43,

We haven't heard from you since the creation of the post. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos