Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Windows rearranged after monitor sleep mode

idata
Employee

I use the Intel HD Graphics 630 with three monitors. After the monitors go to sleep all my windows are moved to the primary monitor.

I have updated to the 15.45.18.4664 driver (released 2017-05-03) but I still have the same problem.

Any suggestions on how to keep the window positions after the monitors go to sleep?

My setup:

• Intel Core i7-7700K CPU with Intel HD Graphics 630
  • Windows 10 Pro Creators Update (10.0.15063)
  • Dell U3014, DisplayPort, Primary monitor
  • Samsung SyncMaster 2493HM, HDMI
  • ViewSonic VX900, DVI

Peter

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RonaldM_Intel

Hello Peter,

We are aware of this situation, and I would like to confirm that this situation occurs due to an OS design. The OS is not storing and persisting the window size and placement upon the disconnection of some display devices. Our driver is reporting a plug event correctly to the OS, but without persistence windows shift and move to the primary display. Other manufacturers may work around this through their own driver implementations.

We have requested a feature addition to work around this situation within the Intel driver; the solution path that we are moving forward on has been narrowed to only include 6th Generation and later platforms.

I would suggest checking the following link for the latest updates on this situation:

Kindest Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Ronald,

Do you have a timeline for when we can expect a fix?

Is it already on the roadmap or are you working on getting attention for the problem?

Peter

0 Kudos