cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

600p 128gb issues

IKerr
New Contributor

Hi,

I am currently having troubles getting a new 600p 128gb m.2 drive to be recognized by my BIOS. I have 2 drives which i was planning on setting up as raid drive and using it as boot drive for windows. The BIOS initially saw and the RAID set up just fine. I tried to install windows onto the drive from a USB but i had issues getting the RST drivers to install. After a few restarts and failed attempts one of the drives has just disappeared from the system and the raid is showing up as failed in the bios with only the one drive now recognised. I have tried switching the 2 drives between both the m.2 ports on the mobo and it doesn't appear to be an issue with the ports as the second drive works fine in both. I am not sure if its a faulty drive or there is something else i can try to fix it.

The mobo is a new ASUS ROG maximus 9 code with the latest firmware installed on it and a core i5 7600k.

Thanks

Iain Kerr

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Iain.Kerr,

We understand one of your SSDs is no longer recognized, after trying to setup a RAID configuration. Based on the situation and your troubleshooting steps, it seems one of the drives may be faulty, but, could you please confirm the following:-Is the drive not detected at all if you only plug that one?Since this could be a possible RMA, you can either contact the place of purchase or our http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html support department.Regards,Nestor C

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Iain.Kerr,

We understand one of your SSDs is no longer recognized, after trying to setup a RAID configuration. Based on the situation and your troubleshooting steps, it seems one of the drives may be faulty, but, could you please confirm the following:-Is the drive not detected at all if you only plug that one?Since this could be a possible RMA, you can either contact the place of purchase or our http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html support department.Regards,Nestor C

IKerr
New Contributor

Hi Nestor,

Yes i have tried the drive with just it plugged in in both m.2 slots with no luck. I will get in touch with both the support and the place of purchase.

It was recognised by the RAID for a bit then seemed to disappear after trying to install windows drivers.

Thanks

Iain Kerr

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Iain.Kerr,

Thanks for confirming the information.In that case please let us know once you get in touch with either the place of purchase or our department.Regards,Nestor C

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Iain.Kerr,

We'd like to know if you were able to the place of purchase or our support department. We'll be waiting for your response.Regards,Nestor C