Items with no label

Razer Stargazer

ZPawl
Novice

Hello

I re-installed yesterday (16.MAY.2017) Windows 10 64bit and I have Creators Update included in my new Windows. Before I been using Stargazer since it arrived succesfuly, but now I can't install it.

In Windows Device Mananger there's shows only as Imagining Device:

Intel(R) RealSense (TM) Camera SR300 Depth

Intel(R) RealSense (TM) Camera SR300 RGB

and Universal serial bus:

Intel(R) RealSense (TM) Camera SR300

Ther's no Virtual Driver as it was few days ago. I have no restore windows point. It's fresh OS.

After installing intel_rs_dcm_sr300_3.3.27.5718 it updated firmware but nothing more happens.

How to solve problem and fix it to work with Windows Hello, GreenScreem etc?

PC Spec:

Windows 64 Pro

ASUS GTX 1080 STRIX GAMING 8GB

ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, Z170, QuadDDR4-2133, SATA3, HDMI, DVI, DP, USB 3.1, ATX

Intel Core i7-6700K, 4.0GHz, 8MB, BOX (BX80662I76700K)

G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4, 2x8GB, 3200MHz, CL16 (F4-3200C16D-16GVKB)

SSD Samsung M.2 2280 256GB, PCIe 3.0 (MZVPV256HDGL-00000)

be quiet! Dark Rock PRO 3 (BK019)

be quiet! Silent Base 800 (BG002)

be quiet! Dark Power Pro P11 modular Netzteil 850 Watt (BN253)

Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2016 - US

Razer Naga 2014

Razer Tartarus Gamepad

Razer Leviathan

Razer Goliathus 2013 S Control Small

Razer Man O'War

Razer Stargazer RS 300 Intel RealSense Camera

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZPawl
Novice

I did work around. Shame Intel, Windows and Razer dev team.

1st. Go to Device Manager.

2nd. Go to Imagining Devices:

Right click - Intel(R) RealSense (TM) Camera SR300 Depth - delete with uninstall checkbox.

Right click - Intel(R) RealSense (TM) Camera SR300 RGB - uninstall.

Important: Don't restart PC yet till you deleted both.

If system ask to restart click No, and delete secondary driver and select Yes, if both deleted.

3rd. Restart PC

4th. Auto plug and play detect.

5th. Restart PC

6th. Try install intel_rs_dcm_sr300_3.3.27.5718.exe - if succesful go step 7th, if no go step 2nd, and continue.

7th. Checked version of installed drivers..

If version and date are same as mine ur home baby, if not keep uninstalling drivers from device manager, but don't reinstall DCM - just skip that point. My Date and Version showed correct after few reapets of all steps:

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The Razer Stargazer is a SR300-compatible camera that uses the same drivers as Intel's own SR300. So this means that it would be susceptible to changes in the SR300 drivers.

The driver system for the SR300 was recently changed so that the DCM software is no longer required for SR300 cameras. Instead, the drivers are now part of Windows 10 itself in the latest versions of it.

This process is new enough that I do not yet have full information about its workings. So I will link Intel support staff member Jesus G - the_jesus - into this conversation to get his input, as he knows about the new process. Thanks for your patience.

JLabi
Beginner

Shame the new drivers don't work

I have a really nice looking monitor decoration but no working camera

Oh, and the drivers distributed with windows update (4.2.159.18) for the USB device "Intel;RealSense Camera SR300" actually remove the Depth and RGB image devices from device manager and then revert back to a Microsoft driver from 2006 :/

At this point all I can do is restart and re-install the DCM software to get the device back (of course it doesn't work)

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Jesus G has advised me to point the affected folk to this page, saying that the information here is the appropriate answer to the update problems for the time being.

0 Kudos
JLabi
Beginner

Thanks for that. I did see it but noticed it was updated 4 days before the Creators update was released and, like most people, I didn't think to check here before allowing Windows to update.

Hopefully Intel can release a working driver soon (and hopefully it won't break again in the fall update).

0 Kudos
ZPawl
Novice

So I can't use camera till they solve problem till Windows Update drivers. My fresh installed windows include Creator Update in installation build cuz~ I downloaded it yesterday. That's mean I can't delete that update or even rollback system. Sad face.

0 Kudos
ZPawl
Novice

I did work around. Shame Intel, Windows and Razer dev team.

1st. Go to Device Manager.

2nd. Go to Imagining Devices:

Right click - Intel(R) RealSense (TM) Camera SR300 Depth - delete with uninstall checkbox.

Right click - Intel(R) RealSense (TM) Camera SR300 RGB - uninstall.

Important: Don't restart PC yet till you deleted both.

If system ask to restart click No, and delete secondary driver and select Yes, if both deleted.

3rd. Restart PC

4th. Auto plug and play detect.

5th. Restart PC

6th. Try install intel_rs_dcm_sr300_3.3.27.5718.exe - if succesful go step 7th, if no go step 2nd, and continue.

7th. Checked version of installed drivers..

If version and date are same as mine ur home baby, if not keep uninstalling drivers from device manager, but don't reinstall DCM - just skip that point. My Date and Version showed correct after few reapets of all steps:
0 Kudos