Items with no label
3335 Discussions

How to swap SR300 cameras?

idata
Employee

We have two SR300 cameras. One is a primary and the other is a backup. The problem is that we can't simply unplug one camera and plug in the second one.

Camera # 1 works fine. When I unplug it and plug in camera # 2, it shows "Installing BlasterX Senz3D VF0810". Once done, it doesn't work until I reboot.

Finally camera # 2 works and when I unplug it and plug in camera # 1, it shows "Installing SR300". Once done, it doesn't work until I reboot.

Any idea what the "BlasterX Senz3D VF0810" device is and why I can't just swap without the driver change and reboot?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The BlasterX is not technically an Intel product, it is a third party rebranded version of the SR300 camera. It is still an approved by Intel SR300 compatible camera in the same way that the Razer Stargazer camera is, but the BlasterX and an official Intel RealSense SR300 would be regarded as being different hardware devices, even though they do the same functions.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Tryz,

Thanks for contacting us!

We would like to know if you can provide us your system information, please take a look at "Provide System Info File" in this article: /community/tech/realsense/blog/2017/02/16/provide-logs-for-faster-more-efficient-service Provide Logs for Faster, More Efficient Support for the instructions, additionally, could you please provided the DCM version you have?

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Tryz,

Do you have any updates for this case?

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos