Items with no label
3335 Discussions

How to read the exposure value range

FSeeb
Beginner

Hello,

when I read the exposure value range through the Intel::RealSense::Capture::Device class I get the values -4 and -13 as float.

How can I read the proper value range for the exposure time? Because when the read the current exposure time I get an integer in the range of 30000.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Fabian138,

We understand that you're looking to read the correct value range for the exposure time of your Intel® RealSense™ Camera, so we can check more information on our end, can you let us know the following:

a) Which Intel® RealSense™ Camera are you using at the moment?

b) Are you using the SDK R2, R3 or are you using the librealsense API?

Also, if you can share with us more information about the code you're using, it'll be appreciated.

Let us know this information so we can investigate further on our end.

Regards,

Leonardo L

0 Kudos
FSeeb
Beginner

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using the Intel RealSense R200 with the SDK R3.

The code is difficult to show completely, because it is distributed in several methods. But after I set up the stream and initialize the SenseManager I use the following code to read the exposure range values:

Intel::RealSense::CaptureManager* cm = _sm->QueryCaptureManager();

if(!cm)

return false;

Intel::RealSense::Capture::Device* device = cm->QueryDevice();

if(!device)

return false;

Intel::RealSense::Capture::Device::PropertyInfo pi = device->QueryColorExposureInfo();

float min = pi.range.min;

float max = pi.range.max;

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Fabian138,

Thanks for the update, based on the information provided, the code might not be working as desired since the Intel RealSense R200 camera is not compatible with the SDK R3, for this camera we recommend to install the SDK R2, which I'll include the download link below so you can remove SDK R3, install the previous version and then test your code again to see if this resolves the scenario and gets you the values needed.

You can download it from here: /community/tech/realsense/blog/2017/04/19/direct-link-to-intel-realsense-sdk-2016-r2 Direct Link to Intel® RealSense™ SDK 2016 R2

Let us know how it goes after installing SDK R2 and retesting the code again.

Regards,

Leonardo L
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Fabian138,

We hope you're doing well, let us know if you were able to install the SDK R2 on your system and if you were able to test again your application. We'll be looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Leonardo L
0 Kudos