Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

S5400SF Throttling Mode

IOgou
Beginner

I'm posting this in the hopes that someone can help. I have looked through various sources online, but could find no answer or discussion, so I'll be opening it myself.

I'm not sure what all information I should start with about the server, but I'll start with the following:

Intel(R) Server Board: S5400SF

Intel(R) Server System: SR1560SF

System BIOS: S5400.86B.07.00.0033

BMC Firmware Revision: 0.11

HSC Firmware Revision: 2.09

SDR Revision: SDR Package 11

Problem:

I've been having an issue with the throttling mode. Whenever I boot, I receive a POST error, 85FC, telling me that Closed Loop Thermal Throttling could not be configured.

The most information I could find on this issue is that it may not configure properly if any installed DIMMs do not have functional AMB thermal sensors, but as far as I can tell, mine do.

I am waiting to hear back from the seller I purchased this from, but if it is possible to fix this rather than send it back and wait for a replacement (if they agree on that method), I would much rather do so.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello,

We regret to inform you that this board has been discontinued for a while now reason why we do not offer any troubleshooting recommendations to address your issue. Thank you for your understanding.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AP16
Valued Contributor III

CLTT can be disabled in BIOS Setup, Advanced > System Acoustic and Performance Configuration. You able to get into BIOS Setup?

0 Kudos
IOgou
Beginner

I am, but I'm trying to get it to stay in CLTT. It always defaults back to OLTT due to the error.

0 Kudos
AP16
Valued Contributor III

So, what memory modules are in server?

0 Kudos
IOgou
Beginner

Reading this directly off the memory modules.

4x 1GB 2Rx8 PC2-4200F-444-11

4x 1GB 2Rx8 PC2-5300F-555-11

0 Kudos
AP16
Valued Contributor III

Well, what the CPU-Z utility shows in SPD tab?

0 Kudos
IOgou
Beginner

All modules are FB-DDR2. SPD shows bandwidth and timing data for all.

Is there anything specific I should post?

0 Kudos
AP16
Valued Contributor III

Manufacturer and PartNumber fields please. You can attach a screenshot to post.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

We regret to inform you that this board has been discontinued for a while now reason why we do not offer any troubleshooting recommendations to address your issue. Thank you for your understanding.

0 Kudos