Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Intel core i5-4210U driver won't install

KKris9
Beginner

I have recently tried to update the driver for my intel processor, but i can't get it to work...

The driver update utility won't even detect the processor, whilethe processor detection utility will.

Why can this be, and how could i fix it?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Viper_Z,

It is necessary to review your system configuration. The only driver available for the processor is the graphics driver and it will be active if your laptop manufacturer enables the option in the BIOS. Intel® update utility provides with newer versions of active drivers.

It could be your laptop is only using dedicated graphics from a third party such as, Nvidia or ATI.

Go to device manager and check the option Display Adapter, it will tell you which graphics is working.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
KKris9
Beginner

Hi Mike

I do have a Nvidia graphics card with dedicated graphics, but how does that affect if the pc thinks my driver is out of date or not?

Regards

Viper_Z

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Viper_Z,

It is possible to keep using the older graphics driver; however, the newer update might improve the performance. Now, our Intel® Update Driver Utility detected the processor and driver available (no matter if it is disable).

I suggest you to visit your laptop support website and check if they have a newer graphics driver for Nvidia® video card.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos